Survival UK Forums

Full Version: how to survive the apocalypse in the Guardian!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
wife found this when we were in the supermarket this morning! clever girl! http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/fe...pocalypse/
Prepping seems to be becoming mainstream. It'll soon be illegal.
I thought it was a serious article until I read this bit:

"So who can you trust? If you can trust your family, take them, but perhaps make a contingency plan for which one you'll all eat first, and discuss it in secret with the others. (You might also make another plan about who'll be eaten second, and discuss this with whoever's left. If no one discusses eating anyone with you, distrust them all.) If your family includes any young children you are not prepared to eat then your chances of success are more or less zero, but you're probably accustomed to that feeling."
Good find and interesting read for a mainstream publication.
yes, but even if it is a bit tongue in cheek, it just MIGHT make a few people sit and think! if its only ONE person that's a start.
I see they mention flooding which appears to be much the topic of the day.
One thing that does not appear to get much if any mention is flooding, and the results of like, land slip and roads silted over, post SHTF.

Think of post SHTF say 3/5 years after. No body to do anything with the floods unless they go down on their own. No body to clear blocked drains, fallen trees, silted roads, washed out rail lines and roads.

Over years we have diverted many rivers and streams and these will again find their own route. Rain will still wash soil down hill and silt up rivers, plus those that get blocked at bridges etc. with branches and fallen tress etc. This soil will silt up rivers again which we tend to keep clear. See what has happened on Somerset Levels pumping. Which is why many towns and cities sprung up by rivers because of the fertile soil.

Mind you might deter access to where ever you may be but would also be problem for you for any trade etc.

Just some thoughts on the longer term.
you and I have been saying this for years John, but I don't think anyone who dosent live in the countryside will realise how all this works. I can see a time shortly after TSHTF when the south west could be cut off from the rest of the country permanently.its already happened with the rail line.

I seem to remember you doing a piece on this very subject John, I think I've got it somewhere.
Bugger.....the more they know .......the less for us......take it off now SD!
WTF???Huh
BP<

I'm disappointed

You shouldn't have even let your wife TOUCH the Grauniad with a
Jeyes Fluid disinfected barge stick.

The next you know she will have signed up for a course in glass-blowing in the outher hebrides :-)
Pages: 1 2