Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Greasy Windscreens
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Anyone found a good way to degrease the inside of vehicle windscreens, I don't know what the silly buggers in the garage applied to the screen and dashboard of my car , but its left a terrible greasy smear effect that makes night driving a nightmare.

I've tried glass cleaner, soap and water, windowlene, meths, white spirit, flash, , thinners all with no success, I'm suspecting they have used something silicone based and I cannot shift it.
Any other ideas please?
Jane says:"white vinegar!"
Will try that, Mrs NR has tried vinegar and water on old newspapers but that didn't work. I'm thinking I may have to have a new screen fitted if I cannot remove the stuff.
try it NEAT, just a few drops on a cloth or kitchen paper.
Will do.
If the vinegar doesn't work, try this:

http://www.screwfix.com/p/de-solv-it-con...00ml/20534
white vinegar and news paper pal ,rub it on with some news paper and then rub off with dry news paper as easy as that baby
toothpaste....very mildly abrasive....try it on a but of windscreen you don't look out of much first(nearside top left obscured by sunvisor would be my choice)
jewellers rouge. guaranteed to work.
(21 February 2014, 12:00)NorthernRaider Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know what the silly buggers in the garage applied to the screen of my car...

Have you been back to ask 'em..?

And more to the point, what *they'd* suggest you use, to get it clean again.
Pages: 1 2