Survival UK Forums

Full Version: A bit of Compo / MRE Edumukation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
An interesting article on the various types of military rations different nations use that are also popular with preppers.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...-pack.html
Have tried the uk(obviously)the American, Australian , French, German and Dutch and sadly I found they were all good mostly , fave was the French least fave was the American....love to give all the others a try lol
The least favourite part of MRE seems to be the main meals, you either like them or don't, for me the most useful parts are the biscuits, spreads, jams and cake etc, as these tend be edible no matter what. Was it the UK MRE's that had those Oat blocks/biscuits, coz they are great.
I bought a box of MRE's at one of the wilderness gathering TBH I wasn't very impressed with it, seemed to be full of sweets and sauces and very little in the way of meals.
oat blocks are the bomb Smile
Ate Italian military field rations when I was there two years ago, compliments of the Alpini Regt. and must say they make US MREs seem like dog kibble by comparison. The small shot of Grappa included was a special treat. Just enough for cafe correcta, but not enough to get sloshed unless you saved up a week's supply to drink all at once for a Saturday night buzzz....

In bocca al lupo!
MRE's = Meals Refused by Ethiopians Smile

its British compo rations that got me addicted to Bacon Grill and Damson Jam .
Yeah man those Oat blocksBig Grin wish I could get them in the shops, the only thing I can find are those Scottish Oat cakes, which aren't bad, but very thin.

On a slightly flippant note, have you noticed that the two countries in Europe with the least respected military, ie France and Italy have the fanciest uniforms and the best food? mmmmm not sure what that means but makes you think ehAngel
plus their Tanks go faster in reverseTongue
never had any dealings with the Italians but I was mighty impressed by the French in Djibouti

Dutch were the most slovenly bunch I had the displeasure to play with/against
J'suis desole monsieur.
Pages: 1 2