Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Land.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
went to look at some land today, unfortunately the access is across someone else's land so its a non starter-oh well, back to the drawing board.
thats a shame I can see why that access across someone else land being an issue

hope you have more luck the next time you go out to view some land

just out of interest how much are you looking for?
It's OK if the land comes with a right of way across the other land. The deeds will say you have the right to "pass and re-pass". My house in at the end of a track owned by someone else, but it has all rights of way in perpetuity, as well as rights to have water and power lines across someone elses land. My water meter is 1/2 mile from the house in a hole in someone elses road.
I have not come across land for sale that did not have a right of way, or negotiated access, not to say that yours does not, but it can be a pain in the arse to have to cross others land to reach ones own.

Women bleed so they can have babies. Men bleed so they can have land. I know what lasts forever.

Smile
You need to save a bit more and then go for this des res instead......

http://www.webbers.co.uk/properties/view...rnwall_TR8
(5 March 2014, 23:54)Devonian Wrote: [ -> ]You need to save a bit more and then go for this des res instead......

http://www.webbers.co.uk/properties/view...rnwall_TR8

yeah, saw this on the local news last night, plenty of people interested, out of my price range and too far away unfortunately.

the land we went to see is accessed across someone's field or so the details said, but when we got there the access gate was padlocked up and a sign said "private land-no access", so I could see a problem straight off.
Surely most land is accessed by crossing someone else's, unless one is thinking of access directly off the public highway. In this case, even then, the land the highway crosses may well be privately owned. It's just that the highway has been adopted and is maintained by the local authority. Doesn't mean they own it.

As was posted earlier, as long as you have all-purpose access across your neighbour's land in the title deeds, you're fine in law. Once we get to a WROL situation all bets are off anyway. In that case, being shielded from the public highway by someone else's land may be an advantage. Our woodland is around 1km off the public highway, across a well maintained track through farmer's fields. Said farmer commands a lot of clout locally and, I'm sure, could muster a lot of manpower "when required" in a post-SHTF situation. We get on pretty well, so I quite like having this shield. The woodland borders this farmer's fields on two sides. The third side is another landowner and the fourth is the North Sea, so I suppose I'm vulnerable to a Viking invasion!
well I must be unique, I don't like being beholden to someone else to access my land, its only pedestrian access not vehicular so getting anything to the land would be problematic as indeed would be parking!
(6 March 2014, 12:51)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]well I must be unique, I don't like being beholden to someone else to access my land, its only pedestrian access not vehicular so getting anything to the land would be problematic as indeed would be parking!

I know exactly what you mean, a house I previously owned had access across/along someone elses drive and there was alway some form of conflict bubbling under the surface because of it, vowed never to get in that situation gain.

Also with the Newquay site, nice it is, but its a bit close to close to Newquay and its population for my liking, especially now that everyone in the westcountry knows exactly where it is!!
(6 March 2014, 13:37)Devonian Wrote: [ -> ]I know exactly what you mean, a house I previously owned had access across/along someone elses drive and there was alway some form of conflict bubbling under the surface because of it, vowed never to get in that situation gain.

Also with the Newquay site, nice it is, but its a bit close to close to Newquay and its population for my liking, especially now that everyone in the westcountry knows exactly where it is!!

I know what you mean, I had access problem with my flat in Ernesettle. totally agree with you about Newquay.
Pages: 1 2