Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Spring cleaning :)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What a pleasant start so far in 2014, no uber urgent catastrophes to stress us out, few conflicts between different members, folks willingly sharing info like LS's input over the new hybrid radios, SD appears to have eased off "deleting" stuff like a manic cyberman, Its just nicely ticking over.

I've had a sort out of much of my families gear and worked out what I can bin or need to change, I've deleted about 2/3 of my address book contacts of preppers that I don't interact with any more or they have move on to forums anew.
its become apparent that much of the foodstuffs I stockpiled will have to be changed over coming months because as the family has grown up( physically at least) their tastes have changed, so less sausages and beans or smiley pasta faces and more Bacon grill Smile
My E mail inbox only brings in interesting stuff from half a dozen regular prepper contacts, the rest goes straight to my spam filters. The E mail newsgroup is very quiet but things in general are quiet. The filters on SUK ensure I'm no longer clashing with people I have no time for (life saver that SD). I'm still writing articles but not posting them on forums any more as the feedback was always very limited but at least its leaving more and more time than ever before to get outdoors and do stuff.

The only clouds on the horizon for now is the need to replace the Mitsy Shogun with another 4x4, and perhaps next year get another medium sized van ( its a real pain collecting firewood in a little car)

Lets hope the sun keeps shining, our preps keep developing and the idiots keep staying away Smile.
If you only need the van for collecting firewood, have you thought about a trailer with mesh extension panels like this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ifor-williams-...3a8cdc1b55

You can a lot in them and its often easier.

At least then there is no tax; insurance; MoT etc to pay out each year.
that's a bit big for dragging behind a poor little Suzuki R Devonian!!Big Grin but a trailer is a good idea you can usually get them for a reasonable price, check out Ebay!
Shogun, not a Zuk......
Trailers are good ideas providing you can master reversing the bloody things, which I have never managed to do, its why the army put me through my class 2 HGV but not Class 1 Smile
(10 March 2014, 14:03)NorthernRaider Wrote: [ -> ]Trailers are good ideas providing you can master reversing the bloody things, which I have never managed to do, its why the army put me through my class 2 HGV but not Class 1 Smile

Just keep going til you hear or feel a bang. Then stop, have a quick look round to make sure no one else has seen your minor indiscretion, then foxtrot oscar sharpish.

Try towing a 26 foot caravan...

Ductape works wonders on caravan repairs... Rolleyes