Survival UK Forums

Full Version: people divorced from nature.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
in the Daily Express this morning, large numbers of adults didn't know what a Snowdrop looked like, 1 in 10 couldn't identify a Daffodil and 1 in 5 didnt know that a Bluebell was blue in colour!!!! ye gods!!
I would love to meet the people they asked. Were they under the age of 5?
I've read similar stories of kids aged 13 or so being taken to farms or dairies for some sort of school trip and being terrified of the size of cows.
(20 March 2014, 20:16)Scythe13 Wrote: [ -> ]I would love to meet the people they asked. Were they under the age of 5?

nope these were ADULTS.....must have been city folk!!!

http://www.express.co.uk/news/nature/465...UK-parents
(20 March 2014, 23:07)Carnebwen Wrote: [ -> ]I've read similar stories of kids aged 13 or so being taken to farms or dairies for some sort of school trip and being terrified of the size of cows.

Mate, I hate cows! Got chased by cows as a kid. On one of the Dartmoor trips we got to a field of cows, and I was crapping it! It's irrational I know, and I'm sorting that fear out. But they are fricking huge!!!
if you had turned around and shouted "BOO" they'd have run a mile!! especially in a milking herd there is always a BOSS cow.

I expect what you were chased by was young Bullocks. you can see them egging each other on if you watch closely.
I prefer not to get close enough to check them out haha.

I'm getting much better though. It's completely irrational. I'm less afraid of bears than I am cows. I'd rather be in a cage with a bear than a cow, even though the odds of survival are totally different! Weird hu?
yes you are!! Big Grin nothing new there.
Cows are just incredibly curious....if you run they will run after you cos the want to know why you're running.....just walk casually through,they may gather round for a look but they soon lose interest once they have satisfied there curiosity.
(22 March 2014, 14:50)Midnitemo Wrote: [ -> ]Cows are just incredibly curious....if you run they will run after you cos the want to know why you're running.....just walk casually through,they may gather round for a look but they soon lose interest once they have satisfied there curiosity.

I just run kicking and screaming...or hide behind MCavity or TheFalcon haha.
Pages: 1 2