Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Interesting 5 BOB item thoughts.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is not a shunning or anything like that. Just an observation I'd love to learn a bit more about.

A lot of people are posting their 5 item BOB list's.

I have reassessed my options and changed one item. The item I have changed I did so based on the Rule of 3. I opted for a fire system because my fire-board and hand drill skills are not where I want them to be. The option of fire would provide water and food...depending on location...as well as enhancing comfort for the shelter element.

Aside from BM's clear thought process (not to be criticised, may I add) I'd love to know how people thought out their lists.

It's always good to get new perspectives and ideas.
tbh i always carry a lighter, coupled with something flammable, like a battered old tin of gloss paint i found on the beach recently and some driftwood, you can make a decent fire!
I have a huge stock of disposable lighters, not only will I be using them post shtf but will also be bartering them.
always carry a zippo with a load of flints jammed in the bottom, virtually indestructable, and even the dregs from a car fuel tank or fuel filter could see you through a week or so of firelighting.
I've always got a couple of lighters on me aswell as matches so can always make fire, although if the five items include whats on you then yeah id change one to a lighter.