Survival UK Forums

Full Version: You'd be proud of me.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I wanted to post this in the comms section but for some reason I'm not allowed to post. Have I been banned? I hope not because I don't think I've been a naughty girl.

Meantime - LS - You'd be proud of me. Bought the "Foundation Licence Now" in order to become a Ham. Getting lost on the first few pages in getting the definition and formulas for Voilts Watts and Amps. Why is an Amp = "I" and a Watt = "P" ?

Its enough to drive a girl back to the Harveys but I will persist. I'm dying to produce a really sexy QSL card !!

Allons-y
Well done its a useful skill to have.
Hey RS, get into the amps, volts, ohms and power thing and we'll soon make you a competent sparky! Cool
Well done RS.....not a clue myself ......get going girl!
Well done RS.... yes, I'm proud of you:-)

The foundation course is not too demanding. If the electrical stuff is new to you, there are a couple of formulas that you'll need to learn and the rest is really just learning the radio rules and regulations combined with common sense.

PM sent
(4 April 2014, 21:36)River Song Wrote: [ -> ]I wanted to post this in the comms section but for some reason I'm not allowed to post. Have I been banned?

I had this same problem a while back. You've not been naughty, it's just a problem the forum has experienced and it's getting sorted out.
Good for you RS. If I can do anything to help, let me know.