Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Refugee camp locations?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
This is awesome, the forum is forcing active thought processes, firing quick as can be.

Devonian mentioned about getting people back into cities, the obvious course of action of TPTB.

If there were millions of people discharged from a city...if it was semi-ordered (organised by TPTB) then where do you think a refugee camp would be situationed?

Things to consider, refugees would need to relocate, and transport routes may not be available, so possibly within walking distance.

Anyone got any data on previous 'set up' refugee camp locations in relation to the city they came from?
In your area many of the old army and RAF bases with large concrete runway areas were designated for refugee camps during the cold war. I vitied two many years ago heading on a bearing roughly SE out of Taunton, theres a long straight B road that passes two or three old air bases that were originally designated for that role.
(8 April 2014, 12:47)NorthernRaider Wrote: [ -> ]In your area many of the old army and RAF bases with large concrete runway areas were designated for refugee camps during the cold war. I vitied two many years ago heading on a bearing roughly SE out of Taunton, theres a long straight B road that passes two or three old air bases that were originally designated for that role.

Thanks NR. Appreciate the input.

Have you thought about the area where you are and where local populations would be forced to move to?
Yup Smile
They would keep them as close to their place of origin as it is 'Safe' to do.

Schools; Exhibition Centres (NEC/Exel etc); Airports; Football stadiums and sports arena's are the obvious locations.

(8 April 2014, 12:47)NorthernRaider Wrote: [ -> ]In your area many of the old army and RAF bases with large concrete runway areas were designated for refugee camps during the cold war. I vitied two many years ago heading on a bearing roughly SE out of Taunton, theres a long straight B road that passes two or three old air bases that were originally designated for that role.

Were they for refugee camps or internment centres??
(8 April 2014, 13:10)Devonian Wrote: [ -> ]Were they for refugee camps or internment centres??

same bloody thing if you ask me!!

Norton Fitzwarren?? a lot of that area has been flattened and is being rebuilt for housing....last time I came through it was.
I would doubt they would build anything S .....not even tents haha....... BP is well right! They will be internment camps and control centers .....they would not want many if any survivors old son.
NR always said one thing and its stuck with me for the last 5 years since my first forum and that was:"NEVER BECOME A REFUGEE" and that's what you are if you go into one of these camps...the guards aren't to keep people out their to keep you IN>
(8 April 2014, 15:12)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]NR always said one thing and its stuck with me for the last 5 years since my first forum and that was:"NEVER BECOME A REFUGEE" and that's what you are if you go into one of these camps...the guards aren't to keep people out their to keep you IN>

Please don't assume I mean to be planning on being a refugee. I am just wondering how the location of a refugee camp may effect your plans and how much attention you would need to pay to their location and activities.
apart from staying away from it you mean?

if you know its location then you can avoid it like the plague.
Pages: 1 2 3