Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Stealth farming
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've commented on this already. A prepper I know (Terry) told me about how he was planting certain trees in areas he planned to move through or bug out to. I loved the idea, as it was about hidden preps, in plain sight.

Well, I'm just putting this forward as an update, but at the moment, our front garden looks a complete mess, with a total of over 12 edible plants flourishing.

Further to this, the majority of 'weeds' in a local wooded area, are also stealth farming. There is a patch of spinach that will be producing for a while, and so far it's not been touched by any bunnies! Always good.

Hopefully, this time next year, providing there has been no major catastrophe, I'll be able to see the beginning of some of my 'apple core thrown out the window' gardening system. As well as maybe a little kale patch somewhere else.

It's amazing the fun you can have looking for edible plants. It's even more fun if you can plant them and watch them flourish!
if you google "guerrilla" gardening you'll probably find a lot more info.
This is something I'm having fun with at the moment. I have some useful wild plants growing in the garden I'm always on the lookout for plants to hide in plain sight. I've got some corkers.

Geurilla gardeneing is a great way to diversify and not have all your plants in one garden, so to speak Smile
There is entire groups of folks in some urban places like part of New York, Chicago, some place in Yorkshire and London who are doing wonders with Guerilla gardening. Folks in the Transition town movement like it as does sustainable communities groups.