Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Roaming Bugging Out
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Devonian mentioned something that stood out as a 'new idea' that I've not heard before in relation to prepping and survivalism.

Bugging out, but moving around from location to location.

Discuss...
(11 April 2014, 15:19)Scythe13 Wrote: [ -> ]Devonian mentioned something that stood out as a 'new idea' that I've not heard before in relation to prepping and survivalism.

Bugging out, but moving around from location to location.

Discuss...

Dangerous - you're a refugee. You may find that your intended destination has been occupied by others, and the same has happened to your previous "safe" location.
I'll Admit it,

It's a part of my plans, plan B or C depending on what happens,

Food is the only concern, possibly having to make trips to uninhabited parts of the coast if pickings are slim. shelter and firewood are of little concern in this area
keep moving around and you'll soon be found, more chance of people falling over you, or you falling over them, whearas if you sit tight in one place and stay hidden?
I Disagree,

you've equal chance of being discovered either way
nope, its well known that a moving target is easier spotted than a still one.
If i was a maurading gang, and i spotted a house that looked lived in i'd be on it like a tramp on chips.

However, if i was in new areas a lot of the time, i would have the complacancy that comes with locking the doors and closing the curtains. i'd have my eyes peeled and hopefully see trouble before it sees me.

very few are blessed with living so remotely that bugging in is a "safe" option
by the same token a moving target is harder to hitBig Grin
depends how good a shot one is.

(11 April 2014, 15:35)Binnie Wrote: [ -> ]very few are blessed with living so remotely that bugging in is a "safe" option

yes, very few of YOU are!!!!!!
(11 April 2014, 15:37)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]depends how good a shot one is.

Or how slow the person you're shooting at moves.....
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5