Survival UK Forums

Full Version: "New" knife.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
just been given a knife by my SIL for my birthday, its nearly 8 inches total length with a 4inch blade, very thin blade 1inch wide with a wooden handle, I think its ex MOD as it is stamped with the MOD mark like an arrow and the date 1978 and a number.comes with a very old, thick,black leather sheath. anybody know what it is or what it was used for??
Its sounds like a standard MOD Survival knife
that's a nice blade mate should see you well pal
thanks both.
[Image: knife_survival_l.jpg]

One of these?

I have one, superb knife. That'll last you forever.
nope, mine is shaped more like a survival knife.
(12 April 2014, 18:16)BeardyMan Wrote: [ -> ][Image: knife_survival_l.jpg]

One of these?

I have one, superb knife. That'll last you forever.

I've seen that on a knife website, its listed as a British Army COMBAT knife.
BP I'm a novice when it comes to knives. Why is that a combat knife? I thought combat knives those double edged commando dagger type things? How is a blunt nosed knife like that used in combat?

It looks a similar shape the Hultafors Craftmans Knife which seems to be widely regarded as a first rate survival knife.

BM. How much do knives like the one you have shown cost? It looks excellent.
£45/55, depending where you go.
(13 April 2014, 12:41)Lightspeed Wrote: [ -> ]BP I'm a novice when it comes to knives. Why is that a combat knife? I thought combat knives those double edged commando dagger type things? How is a blunt nosed knife like that used in combat?

dunno mate, that was just how they described it on the website...i.e. NOT my description.

see it here: http://www.knifewarehouse.co.uk
Pages: 1 2