Survival UK Forums

Full Version: oooerrrrr 2.31 PM and
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
its gone pitch black, street lights are on and they are sawying in the wind, rain is horizontal and icy. Never seen it turn so black so quick.
Still light here in the west, plenty of wind and rain though!
Its passing over now, I can see wheely bins scattered up and down the road.
I think that was what the ologists call a squall, but I thought they happened out at sea !!!
high winds here last night then heavy(very heavy)rain the rest of today, together with hail and some vague sunny periods, winds in excess of 70mph, on the news it said 8,500 homes in hampshire and wiltshire without power.
It was very bad here. Rain, hail, snow, High wind reaching 91 mph. We battened down the hatches. Kenneth Eames.
(4 January 2012, 06:40)Kenneth Eames Wrote: [ -> ]It was very bad here. Rain, hail, snow, High wind reaching 91 mph. We battened down the hatches. Kenneth Eames.

Glad you came through safe.
(4 January 2012, 06:40)Kenneth Eames Wrote: [ -> ]It was very bad here. Rain, hail, snow, High wind reaching 91 mph. We battened down the hatches. Kenneth Eames.

Damn 91mph, I have been getting hit by 55 km/h although not to much a worry regard’s my stuff getting blown away but still quite a strong wind, your 91mph would be 146 km/h now that would be a problem.

Stay Safe Kenneth.
NR and W&C, Thanks for your concern.1 mph is very strong but not as strong as the Hurricane in the South of England i n the 90'S. I think it was the early 90's. Am I right? It was 115 mph then. I thought the windows would break. THat was in Littlehampton, West Sussex. Some houses on the seafront had there upper stories smashed to pieces. Poor devils. Several of the local forests were devastated. Several of them where the trees had been snapped off like matchsticks. Kenneth Eames.
Sorry I missed the 9 out of the 91 in the first line.
I was in Brighton on a job interview the day the south coast hurricane hit, never seen so many trees down,
Our local pub lost its big tree in that storm and I lost my garage roof. One loose tile and that wind destroyed it. I usually tell people about it with that want of a nail story.
Pages: 1 2