Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Pets during a bug out
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone put much thought into this?

We have LOADS of animals, and we've already accounted for much of what we'll do with them WTSHTF, if we're forced to bug out. Some will be put to sleep, others released, and others still will be taken with us.

What things have you done, if any, to factor in animals for your bugging out?
Well the cat can take care of himself. He'll follow us anyway, he follows the missus into the shops at the moment.

The dog is coming with us. He can carry a fair bit, his hearing is much better than mine, and he's my last line of defence. Not for me, but for the wife and children.
I intend to train my dog to carry, he'd come with us and hopefully be an asset
dog would come with me, no doubt about it
Mine makes a great hot water bottle!!

But on a serious note, even the softest of dogs will make some people weary of approaching you. They will also detect/sense people approaching any temporary camps or BOL's that you may be staying at. So bugging out with your dog(s) has advantages.
We have far too many animals to even consider bugging out. Concern for my pets would also weigh on my mind and would probably affect my judgement anyway - we're staying put.
(1 May 2014, 19:39)Devonian Wrote: [ -> ]Mine makes a great hot water bottle!!

But on a serious note, even the softest of dogs will make some people weary of approaching you. They will also detect/sense people approaching any temporary camps or BOL's that you may be staying at. So bugging out with your dog(s) has advantages.

Definitely. Winston's sounded the alarm unnecessarily a few times, normally at stupid o'clock, when he's heard a deer or something in the woods. Makes the heart beat a wee bit quicker, that's for sure!