Survival UK Forums

Full Version: The Island with BG
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
So come on then, who watched it and what did you think?

Personally I enjoyed it and as an entertainment/reality TV programme I think it will do well.

Yes there were things the guys could have done different, such as using lens to start fire, killing the snake for food etc etc but isn't that the whole point of the programme, in that those present do not have that kind of knowledge and are learning as they go - as most people would have to after a real event?
maybe as you say Devonian, but I noticed once they got out of the mangrove swamp and onto the beach they went no further, I would have been exploring to see what else I could find in the way of food and water, and I notice no one has yet even thought about shelter.
Yep totally agree with you BP, there is so much more they could (should!)of been doing, but also we don't know what everyone was doing as they only really showed 3 out of the 13 trying to make fire, the producers could (?) be saving other bits for the next episode.......possibly??

For example they were showing clips of people trying to untangle an old washed up fishing net, and I did notice in the background that a few sticks had been tied together to form some form of frame, presumably for a shelter??

We have to remember that it is an entertainment programme and not an educational how to programme.
THANKS FOR THE SPOILER ALERT!!!

I'm hoping to watch it tonight on 4oD. I'm so tempted to close this thread, just so that I don't have the whole episode ruined.....or I might just ignore this thread.
it'll probably end up being shown as an example of how NOT to do it !!Big GrinBig Grin
So S13,

What else can we tell you........ LOL!!

The indigenous pygmies....
The wild boar.......
The .........

Only kidding Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

(6 May 2014, 12:29)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]it'll probably end up being shown as an example of how NOT to do it !!Big GrinBig Grin

S13 - don't read this bit Angel

You mean like when the call centre bloke was using the machete Confused
the sort of guys who will like this are uk bugg out crew , with their over priced knives flash gear and their out dated view that you can bugg out in the uk like you can on some tropical island.
don't think anyone can generalise about bugging out in the UK, what applies in one place does not neccessarily in another.
Sunna, This has nothing at all to do with UK Bug Out, or those who like flash gear.

All they have is 3 small knives and 3 machetes between a group of 13 people, no other gear at all apart from the clothes they are wearing, 2 water containers and whatever debris has been washed up on the shore.
it might be good "entertainment" but I don't really see the relevance to the UK or bugging out.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5