Survival UK Forums

Full Version: EU Now Wants to Fit Trackers to all New Vehicles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...ology.html

Can you imaging how many future uses there would be if this goes ahead?

Like Automatic speeding fines through the post every time you exceed a speed limit, without a policeman in sight.....
not only that, they'll be able to track where your going and where you've been, like they can with your mobile already, all a bit "big brother" what??
already being done, ever seen the blue lamposts dotted along roads or sensors on motorway bridges plus what they have in cop cars .
all are number plate spoters tracking your every move in the uk .
your on line life is kept and stored inc bank account politicle party web sites you may use,just in case they want something on you one day.

if you complain, we have all herd this if your not doing anything wrong you have nothing to worry about.

as bp said the age of big brother is here.
Don't buy a new car then, easily avoided Smile

I can see it giving peace of mind to some though, as when the airbags are deployed, help is sent. Not a bad idea.

I won't be buying any car with anything like that on it, but I'm sure it will be a selling point for some
that's fine, but at some point a new car becomes a used car,(our car was a used car but it was only 2 years old when we bought it) before long ALL used cars have them fitted from new, what do we do then?
(11 May 2014, 14:23)BeardyMan Wrote: [ -> ]Don't buy a new car then, easily avoided Smile

I can see it giving peace of mind to some though, as when the airbags are deployed, help is sent. Not a bad idea.

I won't be buying any car with anything like that on it, but I'm sure it will be a selling point for some

As BP say's the filter effect will mean that over a few years the majority of cars will end up with these devices being fitted.

The stated use for notifying the emergency services etc doesn't worry me, but I'd be more concerned about other ways in which the technology could be utilised in the future, such as issuing automatic fines/penalty points for motoring offences; the ability for TPTB (or even hackers!!) to be able to shut down the ECU on the vehicle; and who knows what else could be done??
These will filter through, but there will always be vehicles available without this black box, always.
Plus, it's your car, if you want to disable this ecall thing then so be it.

Be more worried about the ANPR & CCTV cameras, if you have to worry about something.
All 3G, 4G and later mobile phones already have trackers in them, so you must get rid of those too. Then wear the tinfoil hat to prevent NSA satellites from activating the trackers which space aliens implanted in your dental work. The truth is out there! Is thay you Agent Mulder?
not a problem for me CH, I have a very old(non camera) Nokia phone...which is only used for emergencies, and I only have 9 teeth left and very little fillings in themBig Grin
and this is to do with prepping how?
Pages: 1 2