Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Inflatable Canoe - Now at Lidl's
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Could be a useful addition to your preps:

http://www.lidl.co.uk/cps/rde/SID-05A76C...12728&ar=3

This also looks interesting:

http://www.lidl.co.uk/cps/rde/SID-79E8DA...l&id=12539
That Kayak looks dodgy as hell mate........I'll get one later today and see how it is haha.
Great response lol!!

Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

Look forward to the review, or should we put the coastguard on standby Tongue

Was thinking of getting one myself just to keep in storage.
(16 May 2014, 10:51)Devonian Wrote: [ -> ]Great response lol!!

Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

Look forward to the review, or should we put the coastguard on standby Tongue

Was thinking of getting one myself just to keep in storage.

If it all goes horribly wrong, for £40's worth of entertainment and hysterical laughter about the high expectations of a cheap inflaitable kayak, purchased from a discount supermarket....oh wait...not sure I want one now.

I'll pick one up on the way back from work. It'll be a right ol' laugh, even if it is crap.
Brilliant price, but you have to wonder about the quality..... as an emergency use once type of thing it looks interesting. Trouble is that inflatable kayaks need a good deal of practice to use safely, and I'm not sure how this one will stand up to repeated use.

As a simple benchmark, we have a tandem inflatable kayak.... it weighs almost three times as much as this Lidl one.

Another point: The Lidl Kayak does not come with an inflator. You'll need a lot of puff to blow this up. OK S13 will manage it easily on spare hot air, but the rest of us mortals might find it hard going:-)
(16 May 2014, 11:52)Lightspeed Wrote: [ -> ]Another point: The Lidl Kayak does not come with an inflator. You'll need a lot of puff to blow this up. OK S13 will manage it easily on spare hot air, but the rest of us mortals might find it hard going:-)

Two notes there mate.

1. I did not notice there was no inflator. A battery powered pump should be okay, so that's about £15 added on.

2. Are you saying I'm full of hot air mate? haha
weighing in at only 7kg that is going to be so flimsy...more of a beach toy than a genuine boat...have used a small inflatable of similar design before costing many times that and it was at least double the weight of this one!
Yes you can see from the picture showing it all folded up, its not particularly bulky.

But could still be useful to leave in the car or garage, as a we have no other option....
I once, many years ago, went fishing in an inflatable boat on a river, scariest moment of my life when an idiot in a speedboat went past, I really thought we'd had it! never again!!
(16 May 2014, 13:00)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]I once, many years ago, went fishing in an inflatable boat on a river, scariest moment of my life when an idiot in a speedboat went past, I really thought we'd had it! never again!!

That's why I'm glad I got my 10 meter badge at school. Now going 11 meter....that's another story!
Pages: 1 2