Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Hunting Meet
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Would anyone be up for a meet that centred around hunting? Whether it's shooting air rifles, bows and arrows, trap setting, tracking, stalking, and things like that?
My hunting skills could use a practice lol. Perhaps do it over a weekend and do a few different skills? But yes deffinatly a good idea.
I think it'll be mostly seminar style, talks to the group and going over practical examples, with some interactive sessions.

I was thinking whole weekend too.
it'll be a lonely weekend if you do concealment..lolBig Grin
all of the above.
Like BP I'd be interested in all of the above, but in reality I wouldn't be able to attend due to time restraints Sad
how about someone who has killed several rabits , freeze them and bring them along so folk can learn how to skin and gut, also setting traps for rabbits as our bunny friends are the most common wild food.

also the midlands are called this as they are in the middle of the uk , so fair to every one to get to.

hint hint.
wouldn't it be better to catch them on the day....frozen rabbits will already have been dressed out before freezing.
The location won't affect me as the chances of me making it are pretty remote at the moment, but I think if S13 is giving up his own time and making the effort to not only deliver/run these meets, but also to carry out all the planning and arrangements that are needed before the meet even happens, then the meet should really be local to him or at a location of his choosing.

Also the midlands might not be the best location if 90% are coming from say the north or south east.
(17 May 2014, 17:21)Devonian Wrote: [ -> ]The location won't affect me as the chances of me making it are pretty remote at the moment, but I think if S13 is giving up his own time and making the effort to not only deliver/run these meets, but also to carry out all the planning and arrangements that are needed before the meet even happens, then the meet should really be local to him or at a location of his choosing.
I second that motion!
Pages: 1 2