Survival UK Forums

Full Version: "Endgame".
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am totally convinced that although we haven't reached TSHTF yet we are well on the down ward slope towards it and its only a matter of (a short) time. what with all the (civil) wars and stuff going on around the world, the land grab by Russia in Eukraine, here at home the state of the NHS, councils say they haven't got the money to pay for pothole repairs, we've got land slides and flooding all last winter and will probably be happening more often, prices going up but wages don't, not enough power stations being built but the old ones are being shut down anyway so power cuts are likely within a few years, we've got a general public who don't give a damn as long as they can watch stupid soaps and reality and talent shows, is it just me or can anyone else see it all going down the pan fairly soon??
I think a few years, if it's left to social decline.

A war style scenario would be much more unpredictable though.

If left to climate change and that kind of thing, I think we'll have a while to go.

Financial collapse....not so sure about that for timescale. Possibly the most unpredictable occurance on a timescale. I would probably put that as 2016ish still though.
I'm in 2 minds about this, but I think the biggest risk (with regards to the endgame) is likely to come from North Africa and the middle east.

There is a lot of instability there already and it won't take much for it to spread and if either Israel or Iran get caught up in it, then things could quickly go pear shaped.

Turkey and Greece are also at risk and as NATO members we would get drawn in....

Russia and North Korea may then take advantage as well.....
(19 May 2014, 12:44)Devonian Wrote: [ -> ]I'm in 2 minds about this, but I think the biggest risk (with regards to the endgame) is likely to come from North Africa and the middle east.

There is a lot of instability there already and it won't take much for it to spread and if either Israel or Iran get caught up in it, then things could quickly go pear shaped.

Turkey and Greece are also at risk and as NATO members we would get drawn in....

Russia and North Korea may then take advantage as well.....

I don't really see war or wars as being a possibility for the UK, maybe foreign wars would have an effect on the food imports, I see mostly a financial collapse followed by riots and societal collapse.
I think that problem being is that what starts as a foreign war may end up very different, and any significant conflict in the Mediterranean region has the ability to destabilise the whole of Europe and when we are talking about the likes of Iran and other Terrorist groups, then international borders have very little meaning to them.

With regards to societal collapse in the UK, then I'm actually starting to see this as being less and less likely in the near future. I'm not saying that there won't be more riots and civil unrest, but not to the extent that it bring on the 'Endgame'.
I see social collapse as being PART of the endgame not the reason for it.
BP, truth be told, I'm surprised that things haven't gone "tango-uniform" by now. Every day that TPTB and the banksters can kick the endgame down the road is one more day for me to prep...
yes Jonas, I'm surprised they haven't balls'd things up already, its not like they haven't triedBig Grin I'm expecting lights to go out sometime next year when there will be a short fall in power generation, either that or we'll have to buy some very expensive power from the French(EDL), either way it will amount to the same thing as people will become unable to pay their bills. and it will go very quickly downhill from there.
Everyone is looking for the "big event" when the actual slow whimpering decline is occurring as we speak.

Eventually we will all look back to a past decade and ask "what happened?"

I know that in my case I worked a 35 year career that saw my professional grade pay check multiply by 5, while the cost of living index multiplied by 12 over the same period.

While my pay was not indexed to COL my pension was, so when I retired I had a BOOST in income rather than reduction. I am still not caught up to my living standard of 1975!

I often wish I was back in the 1970s when Howard Ruff penned his first work of doom-saying and prediction of imminent collapse. That was in 1974 and he has had to update the basic work for each of the past 4 decades.

He is still making a good living selling the same book (Updated and re-copyrighted) , predicting the same collapse to people with the same fears of imminent disaster.

I would have taken a different path and gone into the disaster preparedness industry and started writing books with predictions of an open ended collapse with no specific date connected. It has been an upwardly moving market with a never ending supply of customers for the past 40 years.