Survival UK Forums

Full Version: TOF & BoB's Big Bug Out May 2014!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
TOF and I bugged out Friday, Saturday and Sunday and the weather was brilliant. Here is a small video of snippets:

If the video does not embed, here is the link:

http://youtu.be/AKnHQrUc1V0
I've just popped the thread into the User Experience's section.

Love it! Plenty of tea! Just what the world needs haha.

Looks like you girls had an amazing time out there. Lovely views, and good to get some catapult work done too.

BoB, that's a hell of an item to carry, a full CB radio! Fair play.

Looks like I'll be making a quick video of the next meet and gear.

You've set the standards pretty high for showing the meet.
very good cheers guys
What about the full write up? How did you find the journey? How were the bags? What gear worked and what didn't? Things you need to work on? Things that were so perfect they could have come from a montage of Hollywood slow motion films (like TOF's kick arse catapult shooting...nice one TOF).
that was really good....I may need to get one of those lidl tent's....spotted a Tesco's doss bag.....I have one and love it as my back up summer weight ! £18 well spent
I'm working on the write up now. Inbetween fighting a flea beetle infestation at the allotment, college, planting everything that's suddenly too big for pots and trying to get into the Cat's good books again.
Excellent video BoB! How professional was that?! You've set the standard for all future BO reports I think!

I like the twin identical tents.... Certainly made me think I was seeing double.

Looking forward to reading TOF's write-up.
Thanks for your kind words! We had a blast! Great weather and great propagation for the radio too and a bit of a double whammy since it was also the Radio Society of Great Britain's Back Packer contest and so 2m was fun on the little UV5RPlus giving some points away.The bigger radio on the video is a ham rig, 20m is a ham band, CB is 11m. All much of a muchness of course except that I can legally run up to 400w if I want to ... but not off that tiny battery! Wink
(22 May 2014, 20:31)Bug_out_Bag Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for your kind words! We had a blast! Great weather and great propagation for the radio too and a bit of a double whammy since it was also the Radio Society of Great Britain's Back Packer contest and so 2m was fun on the little UV5RPlus giving some points away.The bigger radio on the video is a ham rig, 20m is a ham band, CB is 11m. All much of a muchness of course except that I can legally run up to 400w if I want to ... but not off that tiny battery! Wink

Them be nerd words. You and LS in a room would just be a plethora of abbreviations and tech speak. Very cool, but well beyond me! Haha.

BoB, you should pop a review of the Bug Out experience too. It'd be cool to get both sides. While TOF was doing her green fingers thing, it'd be cool to hear how the radio work went and how the equipment worked out for you. Also, any changes that you'd make to the equipment or location.
I am very happy with all aspects of my well tried and tested radio stuff, there look... not a Q code or other abbreviation in sight... just for you!! I could have done with taking more meths Angel( for my stove!!!) as I ran low! Ha! Ha! Cool
Pages: 1 2