Survival UK Forums

Full Version: 10th July SSB UK QSO Party!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So the date for legalisation of AM and SSB (mid CEPT) is July 10th, is anyone else joining QSO Party? Any CTX Charlie Tangos on board?

Cheers n beers

BoB Smile
This is far beyond my understanding of abbreviations! This is when one of NR's uber long lists comes in handy.

Are you up for making this simpler for us simplerer folk?

(22 May 2014, 21:17)Bug_out_Bag Wrote: [ -> ]So the date for legalisation of AM and SSB (mid CEPT) is July 10th, is anyone else joining QSO Party? Any CTX Charlie Tangos on board?

This means, to me: AM (morning) and Sun Set Beaches (mid September abbreviated by a dyslexic...like myself) is July 10th, is anyone else going Queen Of the Sun (dyslexic abbreviation again) party? Any CTX (City X...any city with Ecstasy) Charlie (cocaine) Tangos (girls with that bright orange tan from a bottle) on board?

Basically, massive party with drugs, girls, and whatever city you're up for it in...I'll be there.

But I'm assuming my decoding of the message is wrong?

LS, what does it all mean mate?
Ha! Ha! Yes indeedy, please do get LS to shed light Idea

BoB Rolleyes

OK Scythe, just kidding! Since you're so anxious to know I just 'dialled up' LS on the wireless for trusted verification but he's a bit busy right now singing kumbaya around the campfire on his remote and windswept mountain top but he sent this translation, in code, to pass on...

Direct Tranlation:

Date: 10th July

SSB: Single Side Band

UK: United Kingdom

QSO: Conversation on radio

Party: Drink beer/ meths, make shapes, enjoy

CT / Charlie Tangos: CB Radio Club

CTX : Charlie Tango Extreme: Charlie Tango Extreme operators like to do 'it' /P which means portable, meaning not fixed station as in the case of a home base station or mobile station. Portable stations operate in the field ie on a mountain top, on a beach or literally in a field!

Meaning o Message:

In the UNited Kingdom, Single side band and AM (amplitude modulation),modes on Citizen's Band radio on the Mid CEPT frequencies (European Conference of Postal and Telecommunications Administrations =CEPT ) are being legalised. Active Citizen's Band radio operators are planning to use Single side and communications on 11metres ( Citizen's Band) on the 10th July to celebrate the new mode. BoB wonders if any SUKers plan to be joining the celebrations but now realisesIdea this is very unlikely! Rolleyes

26CTX
I think my old CB kit will meet some of the regulations, it has AM, FM, USB and LSB, on frequencies lower through higher than the standard USA "40". I don't think my Bremi 150W amp will be allowed though. I live on top of a hill, and have 70 mile line-of-sight in one particular direction, so if I can motivate myself to get a big antenna on the ( metal ) barn I might get some good results. Is there a SUK on-air meet planned ?
Hi Steve,

Ch 38 is generally accepted to become the calling channel as far as I'm aware and I'm guessing that there will be less than a handful of active participants from this site so I'm thinking that using ch38 USB +/- will be the best way to go to get some come contacts whether SUk related or not since no doubt we probably live on different sides of the country and so far we are the only two!

I'll be using a homebrew vertical 5/8 wave held up on a fibre glass pole down at the beach which gives me my best option.

That Bremi sounds like fun! Smile So what's the antenna ... a six element Yagi? Wink Stealth! Ha! Ha!

Timewise, 10th July is a Thursday and so either early before work or late or both, so maybe 0700 -0830 then 1830 - 2000, how's that sound? It will be good fun, shame they didn't legalise it years ago but better late than never and it's really good news for preppers isn't it?

Cheers n beers Smile
Glad my coded messages reached you from my wind-swept mountain top BoB. Sorry about the QRM ( Man made interference)...I'll ask Mrs LS to sing more quietly in future!

Thanks for posting this. I had not picked up on the final date. As you say, better late than never. But WHY a go date of Thursday? Awkward or what?

I intend to be on air on the 10th to mark the occasion. I would expect the following weekend 12/13th will have greater numbers of stations on air though.

For fun, the call sign I'll use is 26 SUK 17

Watch out for big waves with that antenna of yours down on the beach!!!
Thanks for joining the party! The following weekend will obviously have greater numbers but I'm operating on the 10th! I'll listen out for your SUKer call! 72
Love it BoB

I'll modify my callsign TWENTY-SIX-SUKer-ONE-SEVEN has the right sort of ring to it:-)

QSL?
Ha! Ha! Thought you'd like that one! CoolRolleyes

... QSL "mon ami" ... QSL! Big Grin

Translation for S13:Rolleyes

... Acknowledge ... my friend ... Acknowledge! Big Grin
10:4 Beaver Breaker

10:10 till we do it again

26-SUKer-17 Clear and gone.......
Pages: 1 2