Survival UK Forums

Full Version: The Island----FAKE
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well well, apparently Ray Mears was on TV the other night, Paul O'Grady show, and he said the Caiman episode was faked. He said it was planted there "to be found" and killed on TV for nothing more than entertainment. What a bunch of wankersAngry
yes I think the producers already admitted as such, not enough wild animals on the island so the cayman was "introduced" for them to find. like all BG programmes it is a fake, for entertainment only .
My Wife said "It's nothing more than a reality TV show, with survival as the gimmick". She also said "these twats couldn't survive in Tesco's" hehe She's fierce.
she's also blooming right!!!Big Grin that lot couldn't find their backsides with both hands.
Me and BP have already had this discussion and I'm of the opinion, that yes its an 'entertainment' programme and yes the producers have 'Built a set' so that everything they need is available within the confines of the 'set' - it wouldn't make very good TV otherwise.

Also it is not promoted as a Documentary or a 'How To' programme, its about seeing how a bunch of average Joes cope with the situation that they have been placed in.

BUT, in my opinion, what the people on the island are going through is real to them and therefore that is not fake!
hpoefully this will sink in to some folks heads and we may get a few more preppers/survivalists out of it.
it can only be good for us in the long run.
emphasis on the "hopefully" but I'm not holding my breath, most people will see it a "entertainment" and nothing more.
same as ive said before, Bear Grylls is gonna get someone killed by trying to copy his style of survival.

as for the island and being fake, there was an article recently (think it was the mail) were they said how there was 2 caimen introduced to the island as a food source. their fresh water pool is apparently rubber lined so that it wont run out early and three of the ''survivors'' have previous experience working with Bear Grylls
I'm applying for the next episode. Within a week I'll have them building monuments and licking toads, not sure where I'll get a Virgin from though. Without the help given on the sly, and the "sleeper preppers" I honestly think they would be dying, or at least a few of them dead by now. By now I would have eaten the fat Welsh lazy git, and have Ryan, the whining little ponce crucified on a Palm tree. I'll let you know how the application process goes:Smile
Pages: 1 2