Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Prep Planning
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Personally I have a sequence of skills I intend to learn, and I dedicate my time to learning those skills until I am competent to a level I am happy with. I have taken time to develop this list of skills and sequence them.

The same with preps, we have a set sequence and are working to that. The idea being that basics will be covered first, then the higher end basics/luxury, and the alike. We sequence our preps in certain ways, then upgrade them once the basics have been covered, to make them more luxury. From an electric fire, to an open fire, to 2 opens fires, to 1 open fire and 1 log burner, etc. That's the kind of sequence we work on.

My question is, do you have a set prep planning route and do you work to it? Or is it more like we do what we can when we can?
i started with immediate needs(water,food,first aid)up to an acceptable level which is 9 months of food for my nuclear family which translates to 3 months for my possible extended group , next I planted two 30 ltr tubs of essentials at my bol as a fall back , then I beefed up security on the house , locks impact film and some new upgraded toughened upvc replacements , now working on personal security and when that is brought up to the minimum I feel comfortable with then I will go back to basic's and increase and widen the varieties and so on and so forth, just keep going through the cycle improve and increasing.