Survival UK Forums

Full Version: UK Nuke-proof city...underground
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Check this out.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/britain-nuke-p...ml#1pF9AZ4

I know some people have thought about mines and the alike, for nuclear situations, so I thought it might be good to have a little update at some point, and this news piece from yahoo made me pump this out.

Any other ideas of where you'd go if a nuke warning was issued?
personally i'd probably go back to bed!Big Grin as I don't believe a nuke strike is survivable wherever one decides to run to.
All new apartment blocks, office towers etc in China (where I live) are supposed to have air-raid bunkers built into the basement. We have one in our underground car park at home, with foot-think walls and a huge door like you have on Hollywood bank safes. I haven't been inside, however I do wonder about the effectiveness and upkeep of it though, as the covers on the wall vents are pretty much rusted through, and it doesn't appear large enough to hold more than a few people (it is supposed to be big enough to hold the occupants of 16 3-bedroom apartments).

On the other hand, I have been reading about hardened underground bunkers being the best preparation for EMP strikes, so wonder whether underground garages would provide adequate cover?
if the big one is dropped ,we are all toast ,as to live through it .come up to what ,all things would be dead and poisoned
if your talking all out nuclear war then no one will survive(M.A.D.) we're all toast, but if your talking limited strikes centered on strategic cities then anyone outside the strike area may survive, I think there is a map of strike areas and fallout zones in the archives as we have done this subject before.

try this one out: http://www.nuclearsecrecy.com/nukemap/
There is no such thing as nuke proof. Five Russian Tsars would cover the UK and exterminate 90% of all life in the UK that was not protected at detonation and could not stay protected for months.

These bunkers are all well and good but the Russians know where they are. They could put a couple down and the shock would kill or collapse the bunkers. Even if they did survive when they come out they have to face the gauntlet of survivors and they have to replenish their supplies. They may be able to plant seeds and start to farm animals but they will face an uphill task with their resources dwindling by the day. Within a few decades their descendants will be no better than the survivors.