Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Bothys/Bothies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Been bothy hunting today visited our local one around 30 odd miles away , very good as bol and now going to map out my own prefered ones in north east and scotland, Think the even more remote ones will be more ideal after an event as less people are going to maybe turn up!

as i had a rough idea where it was i never took sat nav or map found it first time and messed up travelling home and 60 mile round trip turned into more like 90 mile round trip ! thanks to madgirl for help finding location and route back onto main road and always taking map from now Big Grin
It is worth making a note of as many residences like this as possible. Power stations, relay stations, etc. Many are unmanned but can provide shelter and make an excellent landmark for a cache.

Just remember though don't commit your all to these as there are many others with the same idea and no matter how many you have or how well armed you don't want to take too many risks at an early stage. Best move on to the next. Which means you have to map and record the locations of a few.