Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Shared Bulk Buying suggestion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Shared Bulk Buying suggestion

Here is an idea from an E mail Group that has worked so far on stuff that is not expensive so the risks are slight; it could probably be applied to Prepper Forums if you have sufficient trust in the others you cooperate with on your favourite forums.

Recently on one of the smaller E mail groups I use we found we could arrange it so one of us takes advantage of bulk buyer discounts on certain E bay items, and buy a larger and better discounted amount of kit which other rest of the group can share out the costs evenly. It requires everyone in the scheme to have their own Paypal Account so you can send your share of the costs and postage to the person doing that particular bulk buy.

Sometimes its money saving, sometimes it’s just convenience, but in recent weeks I have got 10 FFP 3 face masks from a batch of fifty, 5 Israel trauma vac packed field dressings, 3 five hundred mil SIG water bottles and a few other things like Glucose tablets in tubes etc I reckon including postage costs I have saved about (near as dammit) £14.

Got to be honest I don’t know if the trust / reliability would stretch to larger or more expensive items, or whether its viable on forums, perhaps more caveats could be applied, or even the forum owner acting as a middleman??, who knows but for the few close friends on one E mail group it definitely works so far. Just something for you to consider.
it works well upto the point where you have to redistribute the goods amongst the collective....I have done a couple of bulk purchases wit a fellow prepper in my vicinity and it worked well....that's the biggest downfall, the geographic spread.
it works well upto the point where you have to redistribute the goods amongst the collective....I have done a couple of bulk purchases wit a fellow prepper in my vicinity and it worked well....that's the biggest downfall, the geographic spread.
Tried to reply 3 times now, sorry cannot get through, if this posts its taken 6 or 7 tries
I imagine a shared bulk buy would be good if people were in the same area, but if not then the postage or courier costs might be a killer.
Tried to get this going a while ago and found it works OK with other individuals but not done any with more than three people tops that are not within a 20 minute drive.

Pity really but such is economics.

However, I do travel a lot so I'm up for any shares. Give me a call if you are setting some up and we can see what we can arrange.