Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Fancy your very own BOL in Sicily for just £0.80
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yes its true, the only catch is that the properties are run down and a condition of the sale is that you have to renovate the place within 3 years......

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/italia....html?vp=1
I'd want to look at the land tenure (i.e. Is it freehold or leasehold?) and the property taxes, which presumably would be payable from Day One. Also, are services still connected / nearby? Obviously the detail of the contract would have to be looked at. What is the standard of renovation required? Otherwise, what's not to like?!
(24 August 2014, 21:13)Tarrel Wrote: [ -> ]I'd want to look at the land tenure (i.e. Is it freehold or leasehold?) and the property taxes, which presumably would be payable from Day One. Also, are services still connected / nearby? Obviously the detail of the contract would have to be looked at. What is the standard of renovation required? Otherwise, what's not to like?!

The properties are within a hilltop village, they were abandoned after WWII so basically a shell, its being done to help prevent the village from dieing and to bring new people into the village.