Survival UK Forums

Full Version: computer advice please.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
you may of seen the tv adds for currys sale.

they are selling a laptop for £199 offer only open till wed, i know nothing about computers , is it a good deal , i do little work on my computer just browsing the net forums ytube would it be ok for that.

i know you get what you pay for , is it worth the cash...?

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing/l...1~-~210814

says on add it was £299 but for under a month , is it a to good to be true deal.
It's certainly cheap, and is a reputable make. However, if you intend to use it mostly for what you say, I'd tend to look at a tablet (e.g. iPad or Nexus). The laptop has a huge screen, which means it will be big and heavy, and the battery life is unlikely to be more than 3-4 hours at best. In contrast a tablet will give you around 10 hrs. Not a problem if you're going to use it at a table or desk, but important if you want to "lounge"!
im using the same lap top at the moment , never had a problem with it so far after using it for a year, battery life is about 6 1/2 hours of normal use or 3 hours if watching movies ,it fully charges in about 20 minutes from flat so not a bad machine and at the price is a saving of over £100. as for weight its not that heavy at all . it all depends on what you want from it.
Like you Sunna I use my computor for the same , I am no wizo , but I have to tell you I hate windows 8.1 ....give me xp anyday....sounds great value though .
im on my second xp computer in the last 5/6 months , no more suppory from microsoft so open to virusis , the comp im useing now keeps shutting down because of this 8.1 or not i must get a new one.
went to my local currys last night , asked for the computer sold out ,checked his system also sold out in evesham, worcester , gloucester, and hereford.
had to order one and pre pay should have by the end of next week.

looks like everybody else thought it was a good deal.
well next week has been and gone , no call to update me from currys thats poor service should i just wate or ring them ,i cant just pop in its a 30 mile round trip.
today sunday 5 oct , after 6 weeks of no calls or any info on my laptop i went to currys and asked chap went to the back got me one , no sorry for keeping you waiting or free goodies .
what a bunch of c**ts.

never again.