Survival UK Forums

Full Version: our kids, our future
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
went to see my daughter who at the moment lives with her boyfriends sister, she has 3 kids aged 6 to 12 all of them have their own x box in their room and go on them streght from school till bed time.
at the weekend its no better from morning till bedtime the same ,I spoke to the mum and she said that they never go out ,play football ,do anything outside the home even a trip tp a firework display with monster trucks and takeaway afterwards.

what is going on , they even eat their meals in their rooms while playing xbox , long term this will end in tears ... any ideas.
Surely this is just a case of bad parenting??

Why isn't the mother limiting the time spent on the Xbox; dragging them out of the house to do other things etc etc....

Yes the kids don't stand a chance in the future and I guess (I don't have kids) this is being repeated up and down the country and also across much of the Western world??

If so, then the Chinese and Russian, really will become the dominant world powers in future generations when these kids hit middle age, as our kids are unlikely to have any real education of drive to achieve anything, let alone the negotiating powers needed when governments agree international treaties etc. even now we are week compared with the past - consider thatcher v Cameron; or even Cameron v Putin!!

I know a friend who's 16 year old has just finished GCSE's at school, now does literally a few hours a week at college and spends the rest of her time dossing at home with no intention of working.

It really is a sad state of affairs and unfortunately this is linked with immigration and shows why employers are only too keen to give jobs to those from Eastern Europe who are prepared to work hard and do the jobs that our own youngsters do not want to do. They are simply used to an easy life and have never done a hard days work in their lives - and it would seem most never intend doing a hard days work either!
Got to agree with Devonian here.

I take my grandkids out every weekend. Either swimming or walking through the woods. They are picking up all my bad habits, the eldest has a fine collection of boxes and cases for her collections.

But I'm always telling them they need to study now so they can be lazy, like their granddad, later. Practise makes perfect and the other million statements.

My son is just finishing Uni with his honours, already being offered jobs around the average wage. I need this so my kids can look after their dad in his old age.
Currently going through this phase with middle child....up all night on pc/phone/x box then can't make it to college(only does 15 hours split over 3 day's) tis a fekkin nightmare, tried all sorts , bribery and treats , punishments and dissinsentives , even used to turn the upstairs ringmain off so he couldn't power anything up....I have no idea's left! he's just going to piss his last good opportunity away with all the rest he's wasted this last few years.
same around here, never see any kids out on the street less maybe for 1 hour during the summer holidays, some of the older senior school kids go down the skate park-got a zip wire now- but that's about it.
where this lady lives is a bad sink estate in Worcester ,when you apply for housing ,you get vetted and if you end up here theirs a reason.
the whole estate is the same almost 100% white ,working class [or unworking class] ,folk sitting on street corners smoking weed/drinking cider never worked ,dad never worked young mums everywhere but dads not paying for their kids , no hope or way out for them.

the estate was built their for a reason 3 big employers who employed most of that estate and many others but over the years all 3 have moved or shut down.
they were honest hard workers once you can see this buy the amount of homes bought under the right to buy scheme.

but as I drove through no kids playing just 13/14yr olds and up hanging around looking for a thrill like most kids.

what hope for the working class youth.
Dines Green....dowty meco/kay's dunno the third employer....know it well had family who lived there...I grew up on the other side of the river on the white trash estate there we all know and love as tolladine lol

Cinderella's or eltex I spose?
You have to catch them young and hope that they don't get in with a bad crowd. Like everything else there are no guarantees. They watch everything that is going on around them and they see that people are paid not to work they then think why bother.

You just have to keep trying and hope something changes in their minds. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. Not sure there is a manual for it but discipline and boundaries at an early age seem to be a big differentiator. I'm sure there is more but whingey whiney 'experts' with dysfunctional kids seem to be the advisors that are listened to the most.
when kays went that was the last hope for many most kids on dg could leave school and go streght into a job at kays , it hit the middle class as well remember worcesters only high rise outside shrub hill station full of office workers for kays [that building has never recovered still with loads of space to rent.

so your a ronkswood boy its about 1/3 paki now.
The softly softly liberal's fekked it all up with there PC way's .... I firmly believe that spare the rod and spoil the child is sadly missed...my father never hit me but the fear of it was enough...school's have lost the control/respect of there charges...no amount of money would get me into teaching....kids have no boundaries and the right to argue the toss with any authority figure they don't like....it's crap.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5