Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Interesting article on many medical and hygiene treatments
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is handy not only does it show that many shop bought treatments are useless but it suggests better home made stuff that works just as well.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/articl...wipes.html
good article NR ......for a cough i always use honey and lemon plus a drop of whiskey , the whiskey is just in case the honey fails....and you tend not to care that much.
I use southern comfort and coke, it doesn't stop the cough but after three or four I don't give a toss anymore Smile
Nothing to beat good old honey and lemon if the lurgy has found you. A hot bowl of soup is also quite a nice pick-me-up - particularly tomato with some crisps on the side. Actually, if you are coming down with the flu or a heavy cold, I reckon the best way to feel better is to have a hot bath (or shower), get into a bed made up fresh with clean sheets and sip the above concoction. If that doesn't work you are probably on the way out!
But freshly made tomato soup mary ...with a nice dash of freshly crushed black pepper....loaf of fresh bread ....its the high life for me !

Or dried elderflower....crush the flower into boiling cup of water, 1 teaspoon of honey....and just sip away....i know its old but it works for me.
Very interesting article, note to myself stock up on whisky lots of it, seriously I am going to add lemon juice to my next shopping list
I know folks who successfully grow lemons and limes on small shrubs in their conservatories and even bathrooms
You sure do. I have them in my back garden.
You had to bloody top us ....SD lol