Survival UK Forums

Full Version: The Hunter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Two hunters are out in the woods when one of them collapses. He doesn't seem to be breathing and his eyes are glazed. The other guy whips out his phone and calls the emergency services. He gasps, "My friend is dead! What can I do?" The operator says "Calm down. I can help. First, let's make sure he's dead." There is a silence, then a gun shot is heard. Back on the phone, the guy says "OK, now what?"[

I thought this was hilarious

Some years ago when Britain Rolls Royce was the most advanced maker of jet engines they sold some to the Americans to use on their aircraft, of course even these superb British engines needed to be tested by the US before they could be used.

The foreign object ingestion test was part of the test in the UK we fired dead chickens into turning engines and they duly passed safely through the engine without damaging them.

But in the US the engines kept failing the test, time after time the Americans fired the chicken into the engine and it always caused massive damage.

So Rolls Royce decided to send their best engineer over to the US to see what the fault or defect was. Within 48 hours the engineer had observed a test and the subsequent failure and returned to the UK to draft a report.

The engineers single line of text to the Americans read

“In future please defrost the chickens first before firing into engine” !!!!!!
my sides hurt ! f...ing brill
Hilarious!
Why do budgies succeed, because they have got no teeth, Boom Boom
In my younger days I witnessed the firing of the famous "Rooster Booster" at the Pax River Naval Test Center in Maryland and this story was told to great delight of visitors. So, it MUST be true if it has entered US Naval folklore!
A frozen chicken fired from a canon could knock out an armoured hummer Smile Mass plus Velocity = McChicken Burger Smile