Survival UK Forums

Full Version: so how do you feel now
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
we were told it would lead to this but the torys still carry on.

http://www.theguardian.com/money/2014/no...edroom-tax

is it time for a rethink.

where do they go.

what about their kids.

how many billion in aid to the 3rd world but we do this to our own.
The direct cause of a lot of these evictions is paying the rent benefit to the claimant and not direct to the landlord...people spend the rent simples...this was done about 4/5 years ago....granted people are feeling the pinch a bit more because of the bedroom tax but its people spending money they shouldn't be trusted with that's the cause.
What's wrong with the bedroom tax?

If you have a council house/social housing with more bedrooms than is needed for the size of your family, you should be moved out to somewhere smaller, or pay the tax for the privilege of the additional space.

If they were in the private sector, they would pay more for a 3 bed house than they would for a 2 bed flat.

Harsh I know, but it is the way of the world.
I've bought and paid for my 3 bed semi, I'm desperate for extra space , I fancy a 4 bed detached so I assume the extra £70K I need I can claim off the benefits agency ?

On TV towards the end of last year they had a lass from this village on TV saying she was desperate for a bigger council house as she was in a tiny two bed flat, none were available and she was suitably outraged. Her mum lives on her own in a 3 bed semi one street away from her .................................................... Oh yes bother her and her mum are on benefits and no sign of husband or kids father.

I believe that NO council houses / Housing association houses should have tenancy agreements longer than 5 years, and if the tenants wages rise above the national average or the numbers of occupants falls permenantly they should have to move out. Public sector housing was always meant to offer good quality basic homes in the short term to help those in need until they get back on their feet, they were never meant as permenant long term homes except for war veterans.
and what if someone cant afford to buy, they are in a housing association property-like me- under those rules we would be moving again about now, where to? housing associations don't have loads of empty houses, maybe one or two, if they leave them empty they don't get the rents and that's not a viable financial option. sounds good on paper but dosent work in real life.

no a better option would be to stop giving housing to these little sluts who just "fall" pregnant to get a place.
there is no where for people to move too ,no spare two bedroom homes ,so its a tax on the poor ,more than half of the people who are getting taxed are working people and the very ill ,so to you that's ok is it

we are talking about peoples homes here not just houses

theres talk about OAPs getting the bedroom tax if the torys get in next time ,is that ok
anyone want a 2 bed semi in West Devon-housing association ?, there is one vacant around the corner from me, if so pm me and I send you the details.

but that is the only empty HA in the whole town and that's only cos someone moved from a 2 bed to a 3.
just wait BP all them old ladys and men in them big houses ,just waiting to be filled with big family's ,
its a 2 bed so its meant for 2 adults +2 kids maximum, but unlike what some people think you don't just get given a HA place these days, people have to BID online for it and its the one with the most points that gets it, not everyone is successful and may have to wait a long time to get a property in some places this amounts to years, maybe never.

of course that only applies to the indigenous population, if your an immigrant you seem to go straight to the top of the list...strange that!!
Barneyboy Offline

RE: so how do you feel now
there is no where for people to move too ,no spare two bedroom homes ,so its a tax on the poor ,more than half of the people who are getting taxed are working people and the very ill ,so to you that's ok is it

BP SAYS THERE IS A HOUSE ROUND THE CORNER FROM HIM< ALONG OUR HIGH SREET THERE ARE AT LEAST !% HOUSES TO RENT NONE MORE THAT £500 a MONTH < A QUICK GOOGLE SHOWS LOADS OF RENTABLE PROPERTIES ACROSS THE UK, THEY CAN ALWAYS BUNK UP AND SHARE A HOUSE IF THEY ARE ON BENEFITS.

NO WHERE TO MOVE TO BECAUSE SINGLE TENNANTS ARE HOGGING 3 & 4 BEDROOM HOUSES, Its NOT a tax on the poor because most of them are living on benefits off other peoples taxes.

we are talking about peoples homes here not just houses
HOMES BEING SUBSIDISED BY OTHER PEOPLES MONEY

theres talk about OAPs getting the bedroom tax if the torys get in next time ,is that ok
LETS TALK FACTS, YOUR LABOUR PARTY SENT PENSIONERS TO PRISON FOR NOT PAYING THEIR COUNCIL TAX BILLS AND YES IF THEY ARE HOGGING BIG HOUSES AND DENYING YOUNG NEEDY FAMILIES HOMES.

You cannot have it both ways Barney on one hand you cry pathetically about under occupied homes being hit with a charge and in the next you whinge about no homes being available for needy families.

And its no bloody use whinging like a typical lefty that there is not enough houses, it was the bloody left wingers who allowed four million migrants to swamp the UK and take up all the houses that OUR needy required.
Pages: 1 2