Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Xmas Prepping Gifts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So it's that time of year again (sigh!) Rolleyes

What prepping related gifts would you consider giving to friends or family to maybe get them thinking a little more about prepping.....?

And, what is on your wish list, that "you" would love to receive as a gift? (prepping related!)
I have been at this for a long time. Everyone in the "family and friends" system is either on board or is never going to get on board.

For the ones that are prepping, camping, hunting, fishing, I know what they want or what they are in need of. that is what they get.

The ones not on board get an ugly sweater with a reindeer on the front and a red LED in its nose.
I only buy presents for the wife, everybody else just gets a Christmas card.
We normally give home made preserves , pickles , biscuits and a knife.. a small torch ......even if they do not prep. You should see the reactions , i would love to have a piece of ground with an underground shelter , fully equipped and ready to go.......i have sent my wish list to santa in march....but he keeps on sending me Boots, pullovers , socks, and waterproof coats.
(19 November 2014, 18:59)Straight Shooter Wrote: [ -> ]but he keeps on sending me Boots, pullovers , socks, and waterproof coats.

Hey, you can't have too many socks.
last year the males got a victorinox Spartan(bought a job lot shade over a tenner each) and the girls/ladies got a swiss card (again an end of line job lot £7.49 each...all black ones...think the girls would have preferred coloured ones)
(19 November 2014, 18:59)Straight Shooter Wrote: [ -> ]We normally give home made preserves , pickles , biscuits and a knife.. a small torch ......even if they do not prep.

Maybe you could build on last years gifts and this year give them a fire steel and a cheap tarp, the look on their faces would then surely be worth it Big Grin

(19 November 2014, 18:59)Straight Shooter Wrote: [ -> ]I would love to have a piece of ground with an underground shelter , fully equipped and ready to go.......

I think there maybe a few more of us with that on our wish lists Cool
Swisscards are ace, I've used mine loads.