Survival UK Forums

Full Version: National trust sites
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I wonder if any of you folks are members of the National Trust, I am and not because I like stately homes either. I once visited an open day at one of these rural piles and noted that it was fully restored and generally in a very good state of repair BUT quite often there was no one living FT in the main building. I did a bit of checking and found out that very often these places do have resident care takers but often they live in former workers cottages etc.

A lot of these homes have inbuilt wells, huge cooking ranges, coal and wood cellars, pantries, grounds well stocked with edible critters, sometimes they are slightly fortified, they often have stables, workshops, large reserves of coal or heating oil, fully maintained agricultural vehicles etc.

Eg they would be ideal for groups of preppers to establish sustainable communities after TSHTF and are very worthy of being noted in your prepping docs.

So next time some NT site is having one of its free open days near you it make be worth doing a walk around recce.
someone already thought of that one a long time ago, plus it was very similar to an episode of "survivors"(the original series), ok for a large group I suppose, not my sort of thing.
I think its a good idea , how as preppers are we meant to get on after tshtf , I cant bake , gut, hunt , ect ect , but others can shair work , food .

the biggest one for me is security having enough folk about to do it properly , so you get a good nights sleep , fresh for work ect.

elect a leader , if crap , elect another ,
A self supporting, self sustaining cooperating community based upon 100% VOLUNTARY commitment has a good few merits, like one sees with Mennonite and Amish communities, Mormon communities and some Christian fundamentalists communities . Those folks live as family units totally self reliant and multi skilled who VOLUNTARILY come together to raise barns, harvest crops, bulk buy foods and fuels etc and to work voluntarily on community projects like laying water pipes, providing security etc.

BUT as soon as any aspects of the community apart from gun security or common law values become obligatory then I don't think they will ever work even after TSHTF.

A self supporting, self sustaining cooperating community based upon 100% VOLUNTARY commitment has a good few merits, like one sees with Mennonite and Amish communities, Mormon communities and some Christian fundamentalists communities . Those folks live as family units totally self reliant and multi skilled who VOLUNTARILY come together to raise barns, harvest crops, bulk buy foods and fuels etc and to work voluntarily on community projects like laying water pipes, providing security etc.

BUT as soon as any aspects of the community apart from gun security or common law values become obligatory then I don't think they will ever work even after TSHTF.

Any management issues should be negotiated in open community forums.
I understand what you mean nr , but its still our best bet , how many laws , rules ect do you hate now , plenty but our rules are pretty reasonable , unlike young kid steals , chop off his hand , or you wife pissis you off kill her , common in some places.
groups or communities have never been my thing, too much of a free thinker I suppose, too much can go wrong, and anyone thinks they are entitled to lead then I'm going fast(very fast) in the opposite direction. and if your making laws or rules there should be only one:" do no wrong" or like the pagan thing" do what you will provided it hurts no one".
this is one iv got my eye on .

http://eastnorcastle.com/

nice little prepper pad...Smile

im a pagan too , but the 10 comarments [spelling] are a prity fair bunch of guidelines for any group.
looks good, but you need a lot of people to run, control and defend it, trouble with places like that is they are well known and can be seen for miles. my needs are somewhat smaller.
Eastnor castle is fantastic but it's far to close to Ledbury and all the weirdo's and nutters there in!Big Grin
Sad spoilt my fun
Pages: 1 2