Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Smallholding Courses.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
one day hands on courses in keeping poultry, pigs, sheep ,lambing, land management, tractor maintenance and more! £54.95 per person. http://www.southyeofarm.co.uk
That's an awful lot to cover in a day!
they are separate course subjects you pillockBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin
(5 December 2014, 13:27)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]they are separate course subjects you pillockBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin

Pheweeee, that would have been an intensive 1 day course otherwise LOL!!

Note to self: Read the original post properly Big Grin
I'm pretty much done with buying stuff now, apart from a few hand tools and keeping topping up the larder, 2015 is going to be the year I top up my skills and knowledge base, either by book learning or by doing some more hands on courses.
(5 December 2014, 14:38)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]I'm pretty much done with buying stuff now, apart from a few hand tools and keeping topping up the larder, 2015 is going to be the year I top up my skills and knowledge base, either by book learning or by doing some more hands on courses.

Good plan, and let us know if you do any of these kinds of courses.....
will do. probably wont be until the spring at the earliest, but what I'm looking for is an animal HANDLING and keeping course, which will come in handy for SHTF, the trouble with these commercial courses is that there is a lot of paperwork ,and licences to fill in, I'm more interested in the actual hands on experience.
Yep, I was looking at doing a night-school horticulture course, until found out it was 80% theoretical book learning, with a few hours outdoor hands-on work.
Now looking at doing a PDC (permaculture design course), which although apparently pretty expensive is one of the best options for hands-on learning,
yep permaculture is the way to go.