Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Bugging In / Getting home DISTANCES to travel 2nd try
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I wonder if you would care to share just how far you think is the LONGEST Distance you may need to Bug In or Bug Out or Get Home to your PRIMARY CHOSEN PLACE OF SAFETY.

Eg
Your LONGEST REGULAR commute or journey to get home
Longest trip home from your leisure or hobby facility ( Golf Course, Fishing Spot other hobby etc)

and if I can set this silly thing up right what is your

YOUR PRIMARY MODE OF TRANSPORT
Hello mate depends where I am in an event but, my work to home distance one way is 266 miles
Generally it may be 6 miles on foot

Other circumstances 40 miles by car but could be 110 miles

If car not available then it will be by foot
10 miles to work usually commute in the truck but sometimes by motorcycle....I keep a 20 year old mountain bike at work permanently just in case(handy for nipping out to the shop's too) truck has ghb permanently in the boot...bike has some gear in top box not as comprehensive as truck but being on the bike means I'm wearing some of the stuff that would live in the ghb.
I don't travel far now, and the population density here is the lowest in the UK, so the 4 miles from work shouldn't be a problem. More important is the 300 miles my kids and their families have to travel to get here - that's a major worry and one I struggle to mitigate.
cant vote you missed off tractor !!