Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Anonymous Poll.....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just a quick Anonymous Poll for UK members only please, I don't want it skewed by US stats.....but still feel free to add comments to the discussion, without voting.

How many of you already have or plan to have your own legally held firearms or shotguns....
for me shooting is a hobby that I enjoy hugely that would/could be very useful after an event....I wouldn't go through the rigmarole of the certification/checks and security arrangements just to hold firearms incase of an event.
I'm still hoping to be granted my ticket for both (slim hope - because police are bent rather than me being a naughty lad). But as mo said, they're for hobbies rather than prepping. I could buy a hell of a lot of food/stuff for preps for the amount it's cost me going shooting the last 18 months or so.
I favour a silent option with no smoke ....primitive for sure....but leathal none the less ....on the down side ...reloading if there are a few after your arse....but the first of the attacking group to fall ....in rugby terms....would be an attention getter.....my fallback position would be......to sing da do ron ron ron da do ron ron and hope there,s a bill in the group....this would force him to join in .......while I reload of course.
I can't shoot, but wouldn't mind learning. OH is a marksman, but at the moment we do not own a firearm. I could see the benefit though, if only for all those wretched pigeons!
(1 March 2015, 22:03)MaryN Wrote: [ -> ]I could see the benefit though, if only for all those wretched pigeons!

Yes, exactly, it's not only about personal protection, in fact I would suggest protection/defence would be more of a secondary use....