Survival UK Forums

Full Version: dark age v modern drugs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
looks like dark age cures work better than modern ones

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/rev...id=U219DHP

for mrsa.

is this the way to go.
Incredible ! as a lad i had Warts on my hands...my mother used to dab some iodine on them.....no good did not work...my grandmother told me a cure they used in west wales...this is what she said..." go down to the riverbank...pick up ten small pebbles of simalar size...place pebbles in a brown paper bag....twist the top of the bag and hold it in your right hand....take ten paces away from the riverbank ... facing away from the river swing to bag around the top of your head ....on the third swing release the bag so that it go,s into the river..DO NOT LOOK BACK ! " i know you will want to " BUT DO NOT LOOK BACK....after three days NO MORE WARTS.....absolutely true !

I forgot to mention , as you swing the bag you chant warts go away in line with each swing.
I believe you pal ,had mine bought from me from a friends mum who was a healer ,sounds odd but its true
Wife is a herbalist so this is what we use now never mind after SHTF.
"Leeches, come and get yer Leeches, Otter spleens get em while they're fresh".
TTH its true mate ,you have meet me am I the sort of guy that would make this up ?
Now I know why you folks are figuring on a 90% die off!

Our skilled and highly trained staff are waiting to serve you.

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:F...epares.jpg
(1 April 2015, 10:01)Barneyboy Wrote: [ -> ]TTH its true mate ,you have meet me am I the sort of guy that would make this up ?

I believe you mate, and I don't doubt some traditional medicine works, after all we now know about Willow bark and Aspirin, Garlic and its antiseptic qualities etc. Unfortunately along with the good there are countless "Old Wives" tales that are just wrong, and more importantly dangerous. Here are a few examples, I'm sure we don't want to do.

COMMON SICKNESSES AND CURES
RINGWORM
Wash har in a males urine.
PLAGUE
Eat powdered emeralds, bathing in human urine, wearing of excrement, placing dead animals in home, use of leeches or drinking molten gold.
SKIN DISEASE
Cover sore spot with the skin of a wolf.
LOSS OF MEMORY
Eat ginger.
INSOMNIA
Eat treacle.
BRUISES
Apply a plaster of bacon fat & flour.
FAINTING
Breathe the smoke of burnt feathers.
BLOCKED NOSE
Stuff mustard & onion up the nose
INTERNAL BLEEDING
Wear a dried toad in a bag around the neck
GOUT
Apply a plaster of goats droppings mixed with rosemary, herbs & honey
KIDNEY STONES
Apply a hot plaster smeared with honey and pigeon poo.
TOOTHACHE
Get a candle and burn it close to the tooth. The worms that are gnawing the tooth will fall into a cup of water held by the mouth.
well the ringworm one didn't work for me Smile

everyone knows that toads round your neck is for sore throat
one or two of those might actually work, but generally speaking its not the cure that works its trust in "The Old Wives" that works, its a bit like a placebo, if you think it will work then it will work, its all in the power of suggestion.

A lot of people just shut their minds to anything "alternative"(actually its not alternative its what we had before modern drugs) and ifs its not modern pharmacuticals they don't want to know(I have met a few like this) but in a post SHTF world it may be what we have to fall back on. I suggest everyone reads up on herbal remedies whilst they still have the chance, no excuse not to have "2 strings to your bow" if you'll excuse the analogy.
Pages: 1 2