Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Non-Political General Election Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Apparently we have a general election in a few weeks time and it's going to be one of the closest run elections ever with no clear winner at this stage. So we could end up with a completely different coalition Government or even a minority Government as opposed to a single party in overall control.

Also we've all heard the propaganda about how we must stay in the EU; or how we must get out of the EU; how Trident must go if the SNP are to support Labour; how we need to retain Austerity; or how we need to stop Austerity and start borrowing; how we need to reduce welfare bills or how we need to increase welfare spending etc etc etc....

So without getting into the politics of specific parties/policies etc, is the current election battle (and potential outcome) making you think differently about the future (positively or negatively) and is this in turn affecting your prepping priorities?
(2 April 2015, 14:29)Devonian Wrote: [ -> ]Apparently we have a general election in a few weeks time and it's going to be one of the closest run elections ever with no clear winner at this stage. So we could end up with a completely different coalition Government or even a minority Government as opposed to a single party in overall control.

Also we've all heard the propaganda about how we must stay in the EU; or how we must get out of the EU; how Trident must go if the SNP are to support Labour; how we need to retain Austerity; or how we need to stop Austerity and start borrowing; how we need to reduce welfare bills or how we need to increase welfare spending etc etc etc....

So without getting into the politics of specific parties/policies etc, is the current election battle (and potential outcome) making you think differently about the future (positively or negatively) and is this in turn affecting your prepping priorities?

Non-political general erection thread eh? Tricksy!

Well, whatever happens I'm planning on buying a house in a tiny village somewhere (must have school and shop. Pub optional). Hoping to purchase some woodland too (but for business purposes rather than purely recreational).

Basically the way I see the outcome heading I need to be as self sustaining as possible as quickly as possible - and I just can't do that in rented accommodation...
not really no....I have deep reservations about all of the parties and I just think the final outcome is inevitable but the time span is in question....better stewardship now just buy's us more time worse bring's it on in leaps and bounds.
I don't think I can put a cigarette paper between Tories/Labour/Lib Dems, I don't trust any of them and I wont be voting for any of the 3.
BP nailed it, i will not be voting for THE THREE either, I have had more than my fill or all three Nothing EVER changes ....choice ...What choice ? you have to be brain DEAD not to know ...and realize there can be NO choice with in the THREE, Yes i will vote ....for someone i think Will give us all a real chance ..and make a difference ....and if they fail ....what have we lost......fuck all !
i think , for what I have read ,if you are a working person ,not bloody rich ,the there are too partys, labour and UKIP
I think its a fallacy that Labour are still "the party of the working class", Blair put paid to that.

anyway it'll all be over in 35 days.
This is not about who you should be voting for.

But is any of the rhetoric and campaigning making you think differently about the future and what you should be doing .....

For me I'm concerned that the rise of Nationalism in Scotland, Wales and even Northern Ireland is going to result in the English playing second fiddle to the devolved parliaments and that a disproportion of funds will be diverted away from the English to fund the other parliaments in order to secure their votes - leaving the English with reduced services and greater debts, leading to possible unrest.

Add to that the risk of loosing our nuclear deterrent and the UK will soon be relegated to the status of the likes of Belgium!
ill vote for the ones who don't lie......whats chance do I have.
I absolutely refuse to watch any of this rubbish. I'm fed up with the politicking and the bound-to-be-broken promises post election. I'm keeping my head down. If I spot any campaigners at my gate I'll set the dog on them.
Pages: 1 2 3 4