Survival UK Forums

Full Version: man survives 60 days
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
a man survives 60 days at sea

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...lboat.html

living off raw fish and rain water.
good for him, so what?
good old bp .....full of the joys of spring.....Rolleyes
this site is called survival uk ......remember.

the news report is about somebody who survives at sea for 60 days on rain water and raw fish.

so troll off .
and how many on this site plan to bug out by sea? or may be caught out on a ship when TSHTF? very few. very limited market for your stuff as usual Sunna.

a bit like your comments on the Tax thread, whats that got to do with survival? tax is paid on mostly everything, again so what?
whats wrong with having a different point of view? I tend to see the problems with something rather than looking through rose tinted glasses. I never have"gone with the flow" that's for the sheeple.
Sunna/BP - Keep it on Topic and cut out the personal attacks please!

Nothing wrong with the original post in my opinion, it is a true life story of survival which goes to show all of us what the human body/mind can achieve in times of adversity.
Again !! Sunna ....look at past posts and the rep of BP.....i rest my case .....again....how many more times will it take for you to get it??? now back to prepping stuff.....Think for yourself Sunna come up with some original stuff .......yes its not easy is it...... but have a real go !! I am not taking the piss mate ...try adding something.
maybe, but this was in a specific context i.e. survival at sea and as I tried to point out just how many of us will be in that situation? secondly, isn't survival about limiting your chances of being in the situation of needing rescuing? and what you can do to protect yourself in emergency situations? its all about self reliance. what happens when the emergency services aren't available. sure this guy lasted 60 days but how much longer could he survive in that situation? he looked very wobbly and weak on the news channel.
(3 April 2015, 11:05)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]maybe, but this was in a specific context i.e. survival at sea and as I tried to point out just how many of us will be in that situation? secondly, isn't survival about limiting your chances of being in the situation of needing rescuing? and what you can do to protect yourself in emergency situations? its all about self reliance. what happens when the emergency services aren't available. sure this guy lasted 60 days but how much longer could he survive in that situation? he looked very wobbly and weak on the news channel.

I understand where you are coming from, but it is very possible in a self reliance situation that I could jump into a boat and start fishing, in fact it is something I already do on occasions......

Rip currents or a storm could then easily take you far out to sea if you have engine problems. At this point in time I would hope that flares and the RAF Search and Rescue would be my salvation, but if we are talking about after an event then who knows?

As for how long could you survive, well in the North Atlantic; Irish Sea or North Sea, probably not very long.

But in warmer climates, potentially a long time:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnew...-boat.html
Pages: 1 2