Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Would Anything Stop You?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We all seem to be on a bit of an alert at the moment, what with the problems around the world, financial insecurity and whathaveyou, but are there any circumstances under which you would abandon prepping?

Personally, I can't think of any - it has become more of a way of life than before - but do any of you have families or upcoming events that would cancel your plans?
Whenever I have doubt's about my plan'e/prepping I just go look at the population clock for a few minutes and then I check see if we've crept any closer than three minutes to midnight...after that I come back to my senses.
simple answer............NO, NO and NO. nothing will deter me from this path I have chosen.
Only one thing that I can think off - Terminal Illness with X months to live.......
I was a prepper before there was such a term as "prepping".

Some of my earliest memories are of my mother caning food for the winter.

One of my first DIY projects at age 12 was the construction of shelves around our new garage for storage of canned fruits and veggies.

Summers during the 1950s-1970s were a flow of crops and harvest coming through the kitchen and being canned, pickled or preserved in some way.

Not talking a couple of bottles either. Mom put up 200 quarts of tomatoes and another 200 quarts of tomato puree, 200-300 quarts of green beans, limas and corn, and the jams and jellies I will never forget! Half a beef and a whole hog in the deep freeze every fall. A second freezer was filled with fruits and frozen veggies.

I started keeping stores as soon as I left home due to a timely tornado that isolated my location for over a week. I equipped for any similar disaster and returned to the storage of food at that time and have been "prepping" ever since.

I suspect that the biggest problem they will have with me when they roll my wheelchair into the old folks home will be constantly finding cans of soup in my sock drawer.
I suppose its down to my grand parents ..on my mothers side the small holding , one cow,twenty odd hens,ducks, the smell of fresh baked bread every day...the veg patch ...on my fathers side , the allotment, the Rayburn cooking range ...constant cooking ..the old pantry with hams and bacon hanging from the ceiling covered in cheese cloth, jars of pickles , jams and preserves ...the salting stone slab, at Christmas plunking all those chickens, NO i could never change it runs through my veins ...back then most people around here prepared for the simple reason ...they really had no choice ...happy wonderful days !
"Prepping" really isn't a chore, it's just something I do because it makes sense to me. I like to be prepared, it makes me happy. I'm not talking about stacks of tinned beans, but about having the means to repair something that breaks, to plough my fields, grow my food, raise my pigs, heat my home etc..

Who wouldn't want to be prepared ? When I told my grown up son about my Berkefeld he was all "Hey, that's a comforting thing to have", and it is. I think I'll buy him one for his birthday.
No nothing just turn the news on and i think i need more preps the s...t is coming

bd