Survival UK Forums

Full Version: What do you have in arms reach right now?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Simple question, what do you have in arms reach right now for protection and lighting? So if there was a home invasion, or a power-cut, what is in arms reach?

At the moment, I have a laptop for both (A crack on the head with a laptop would suck). A glass, an empty wine bottle, and knife for protection. As for lighting, torch in the pocket and a lighter and candle behind me on the sofa.
Right above the computer table I am set up pretty well for lighting.

[Image: DSCF1206_zps01dd0895.jpg]

I also have a small flashlight by the computer, which is a lap top with its own power supply, so it would glow for several hours on its own.

A couple of feet away is the back door and I keep a shotgun against the doorstop for pest control. I would have to get up and take a step to get too it, but it is close enough. Today it is a Model 97 Winchester due to me being in a retro mood.

Assorted knives lying about, and my utility knife in my pocket, but they would not be the first thing I grabbed.

I keep the doors locked as a habit, and if the back door is open the secondary "storm door" is locked and the back porch has a latched door also, so there would be some noise involved with anyone creeping up on me. No one is going to get through the main door without a ram, so I have a few moments to react and get the brain clicking.
Mobile phone right in front of me on the computer desk(has a torch facility on it) AA Maglite in the fruit bowl and the kitchen knife block is 5 steps away full of Sabatier's finest.
I have my mobile phone with a built in light.A maglight in the kitchen cupboard along with lots of candles.I always carry a UK legal pen knife but at home I swap that for my 1980 Buck 110.I have several display quality swords and a battle axe on my walls,the axe is just to left of my pc. (I keep the real blades upstairs along with my archery gear).Shotguns are locked away in the loft along with my air rifles.
It's very quiet where I live and my next door neighbour patrols the street three times a day.Home invasion isn't a concern.I really can leave my door unlocked without worry.
candles in most rooms, torches , and oil lamps all are within four feet of my computer, axes within reach as well as knifes , doors are locked, air rifle but i would have to walk to get it from the utility room...and a cheese wire...just in case i am really pissed off with uninvited guests.
Mobile phone and two dobermans.
Quick glance round....... candles and matches, hefty poker in fireplace, knives in kitchen next door, large collie dog and something else I will not be describing.
A cup of tea, my lunch and a computer.
protection... From what? Not counting the 4 knives I appear to have with me today then I've got a can of deodorant and a lighter or two.

Lighting... One stainless steel clipper, one plastic clipper, one jet lighter. Plenty of pencils in the office for shavings etc. Also have my 50w e-cigarette which I can use to light a cigarette without too much difficulty. It does involve breaking bits though so I won't be demonstrating Rolleyes
I must say MB I do like your oil lamp on the right pal ,is it old.?
Pages: 1 2