Survival UK Forums

Full Version: tap water.......FREE
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I have to take my tap [drinking] water with me to work as I sleep in the cab, for 5 days I take 12lts in old cider bottles this often runs out if the weather is hot ect.
how would you get free drinking water in the uk im not talking shtf just every day
if its normal times why bother? I can buy a gallon of water in a supermarket for £1. if your really desperate public toilets I suppose, there are still a few free public springs in some villages, I know there is free water from a spring in Glastonbury for instance.
Filter and boil stream water, if it's a safe source. If I was in a lorry cab, I'd set up a couple of trays on the roof before bed and pour it into a bottle in the morning. At home, just roof catchment or open top water butts.

I guess you could just carry more water with you, if you're looking for a way to get more water in the cab with you.
I'd be inclined to carry purifying tablets or better still something like a Sawyer mini water filter or a Lifestraw, especially if your going to drink stream or rain water.
Presumably if you are away for 5 days at a time, you'll be making various drops/collections whilst out and about. So why not just ask if you can refill your bottle(s) at the premises where you are delivering/collecting....?
Buy more cider. Enjoy. Re-use the bottles.
just take more water next time...simples!!!Tongue
take a berky with you or construct yourself a mini berky using just 1 candle.....fill it when you get in the bunk wake up to filtered water in the morning...single candle is about £10-£11 couple of cheap pails maybe £3 each et voila.....draw your water from service station's personally I'd be more than happy to drink water from a garage forecourt in this country (and did when I was a truck driver) not so in Europe though as a lot of tap sources are non potable(not for drinking)
20/25 ltr food grade barrel's are between £5-£10

there's an issue with re using the cheap poly bottles... something about something leeching out of the plastic which is carcinogenic if allowed to heat up or left in direct sunlight.
5 days and you never stop for fuel, food, go through a weigh station, or sleep at a place that has a faucet on the outside of the building ???

Would that mean that you also go 5 days without a wash up, poop or pee?

Might be you should think about filling up one here and another there rather than emptying them all and asking if you can fill the entire batch.

Over here we have "truck stops" (I don't know what you call them in the UK) with fuel, food, showers, lounges and even small sleeping cubicles (heavy restrictions on how long one can drive without a nap). The waitresses in those truck stops will fill a coffee urn, water carrier or thermos for you for free and slip it to you. After all, you were going to leave them a good tip anyway, weren't you?

BTW, how are you going to find water SHTF if you can't figure these things out now?
Pages: 1 2 3