Survival UK Forums

Full Version: From Essex
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi all and thanks SD for activation.
I'm a 52 year old bloke who actively ensures my close family and a group of like minded friends prep for that time which sustainability wise must come.
I have a wife that is right along-side with prepping and she is my main worry being a type 1 diabetic. My 28 year old son is a chip off the old block and my two younger daughters each have qualities which make them perfect for a prepping group. My son-in-law has taken to prepping and survivalism like a duck to water. I tend to favour the military style of prepping and survivalism because I believe if you have to get out then once at your BOL if you can't be easily seen you cant be easily got at. I have a location which has even impressed my closest non-family prepper friend.
I am a part time bladesmith, a route I chose to go down after an injury to my back and neck left me outside the building trade I had worked in for 32 years as a bricklayer. Myself, son, son-in-law and a few friends actively enjoy crossbow shooting. I used a fair bit of my compo to make sure my family are kitted out for the minor emergencies, those of us that can still do the major survival stuff I catered for them also. What is my major worry that sees me prepping to survive ? That would be the bit-by-bit social/economic/sovereignty stranglehold our politicos place on us and come a point I believe the people will riot. I am fortunate to have made contacts of people who have an ear in the right place, from what I receive from them and/or their direction, I am sure I am not far from the truth. I believe the political class with feather their nests while pooing on the nests of us plebs below them Angry . Anyhow, I'm looking forward to talking shop with you folks and to be honest reading your posts prior to activation has been a breath of fresh air.

WHB
Hello and welcome from Norfolk
Hi WHB, welcome to the forum and I'm sure you'll fit right in.
A warm welcome from South Wales WHD !
Another welcome from Norfolk.
Welcome to the forum, for the SouthWest
welcome, from North Devon.
Welcome from the Scottish Highlands!
Welcome from the NW.

Thanks for pointing out your issues with signing up. I'm looking at fixing that now.
Thanks to one and all for the welcomes.
SD, thanks should go to Devonian as he acted as mediator in getting me here and me being able to let you know about the sign-up probs !
Just glad I made it Smile

WHB
Pages: 1 2