Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Thermite, door entry, life post SHTF
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
If we work on the basis that it's now a massive SHTF situation, and it's a long time since anyone has been seen.

If there's a medical emergency, would you know how to make thermite, so that you could break into a safe, or something like that, if you needed to?

Say, a very secure medical facility, that looks mostly untouched (it's that secure).

Would you know how to get in to the building? Could you break into a safe for any of the 'controlled' medication (for this scenario let's say you need what's in there)?
In to a building yes.

In to a safe, or safe room, probably not.
Nope no idea !!
I never done this sort of thing honest .

safe ....drop it out of a high building its own weight will break it open...
even with a claw hammer given time or drive a fork lift at it forks put together always works.

strong room ...same given time you will get in .

most security is based around someone seeing you or hearing you , if tshtf no old bill coming ...so relax plenty of big tools for the job.
I'll be too busy surviving to have time to fuck around making thermite mate.
I am interested though, Scythe ??
Did nobody else grow up reading the Jolly Rodger Cookbook?

http://www.instructables.com/id/Thermite/ Check that out.

Coke cans and rusty nails is the way to go with it. Only hard bit to get would be Aluminium for the fuse, but that's readily available right now. So no issue.

The best thing to practice with, bean cans. Stack them up and you can see how much thermite you'd need to burn through it. Obviously empty bean tins.
(2 August 2015, 10:04)Tartar Horde Wrote: [ -> ]I'll be too busy surviving to have time to fuck around making thermite mate.

yep, ditto here mate.
If I can break into a secure medical facility to get at the safe I can break into a machine shop and get at their plasma cutter!

It is a good thought exercise though.

BTW, why is this a secure medical facility? Most of those which I see when out and about are doing research on nasty infectious diseases and there is a freekin' good reason the doors are locked.

My wife worked in one of those places and there's stuff in there you don't want out here!
Thanks for the info!
Pages: 1 2