Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Pesto?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm currently on the look out for canned pesto...I have got some Asda own brand green and red pesto(190g jars,nice and cheap at 79p and packing 375 k/cal per jar) that I have put into stock but I want something a little bigger say 400g and preferably tinned for durability and keep the daylight out , the dates on my current stock are pretty long , into early 2017 but I need bigger as the current size turns 500g of fusilli into something a little less bland but that only serves 4/5 people I need to serve maybe 8/9 anybody seen what I'm looking for on there shopping jaunts?
Have you tried wholesaler's like Booker? If you own a business, you can buy from them. It's easy enough to make an company for such purposes, then dissolving the company a year later due to inaction.
got a bookers card and until recently had a makro one....not seen what I'm after there but I will go look again as lines change periodically
I've never seen tins of pesto, or in fact anything other than the small jars like you have got from Asda.

In the US you can get a dried Pesto mix made by Knorr, but again I don't think it's available over here.

Some of the main supermarket brands I find pretty poor quality (not tried the asda one) and are just packed full of cheap oil, but the Lidl one which is a similar cost to your Asda one is not bad.