Survival UK Forums

Full Version: TSHTF for me on 13/9/2015
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Whilst only 4 day's into our long awaited Spain/Portugal tour we were recalled to the UK by the devastating news that our youngest son had died in a road traffic accident , we have/had four children but K was the one who was a homebird , he was going to be my right hand man and eventual successor, the other kid's have flown the nest and are out on there own doing there own thing , I'd hoped and planned that they would all make it home to create our own solid family unit but primarily the prep's and planning were about K and his future family , I've just lost my mojo and the major reason for doing what we do on here....I know thing's will get back on an even keel one day but I just don't know when , I may go dark for a while but I will pop in for a peek I just may not participate much if at all for a while.
M, those of us that have endured a tragedy such as this know some of what you feel. It seems to be even stronger when the death occurs suddenly and there are no good-byes.

I lost my wife suddenly 6 years ago and I am still recovering, but will never "return to normal".

There will be times when you need to vent your emotions, and a public forum is not that place. Feel free to PM me and go on and on for as long as you need.
My deepest sympathies to you and your family at this terrible time, My family and I will think of you over the coming weeks.
NR
Our deepest sympathies Midnite, we know what your going through ...its now eight years later for us....as MB said ....things are never the same....you do not get over it....but look to the ones that remain ....take solace in them my friend.
I am so sorry for your loss. Like MB said, those whom have endure can get an idea, but we do not truly know your feelings.

Coming through something like that is the hardest thing, and we can never know what you're going through. Our hearts here at house-S13 are with you both, and you are all in my prayers.

We managed to get pregnant on our Iceland holiday in Jan, but we lost a baby during the pregnancy and have not been the same since. The emptiness is hard to deal with. But it's like when my father passed away 2 weeks before we got married, it never truly heals. You never get over it. We just learn to live with the pain.

One lovely idea we had was to name a star after the lost baby. Whether the naming a star thing is real or not, it doesn't matter. The feeling that they're up there looking down…that's what helps us in the hard days. His name was Vik, after the beach in Iceland. It will never bring them back, but being able to have that as a memory, that can help. It may not be for everyone, but it worked a little for us.

Like MB says, if you need to talk or vent, please feel free to PM me.
Terrible news MM ,are thoughts are with you mate
Sorry to hear that Mo. In truth I don't know what to write, but to write nothing seems wrong, so please accept my condolences and best wishes for your family in what must be the most difficult of times.

Steve
So so sorry for your loss Mo and I really cannot imagine how you must be feeling.

Whilst nothing I or anyone else can say is going to change anything, I'm sure that everyone here in the SUK community is thinking of you and wishing you all the best at this impossible time.
Sad news mate, my family send their condolences and love.
I am really sorry for your loss
Pages: 1 2