Survival UK Forums

Full Version: SO WHAT ARE YOU DOING ABOUT IT ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Armed with the information you have gleaned from this forum ...what changes to your lifestyle have you made ? any ? / none ? would you even like to make changes ? .............the worst type of prepping / survival is doing Nothing ... you cannot be half in or half out.....do you think you are fully committed or just hedging you bets....i often hear people saying it does not take over my life ? why not ?....its to the forefront of mine....do i shake like a jelly.....do i live in fear...NO...i am this super duper prepper/survivalist bloody hell NO far from it....but i am committed and changing my lifestyle ...this is not a forced change this is an all embracing change of free will and choice ...what say you ?
Big lifestyle change for me. As soon as I realised ( 2005 ) that the UK was living beyond its means I started to think about how to insulate myself from the crash. In 2006 I bought my woodland, to get rid of spare cash and own something more tangible. The value of the woodland rocketed after the 2008 crash as everyone had the same idea, so I was able to sell it in 2011 and buy my smallholding.

SHTF or not, I'm enjoying life more now, so it's worked out great so far.
i have calmed down on the prepping front , just food for about 6 months and as much wood as i can find room for. i dont think ww3 or some mad shit is on its way but the economy is a worry bale ins ect. i would like a small holding but cash is no 1 problem ..... how much is a sh in west wales £150.000 plus i bet
was talking to the wife about this very thing this morning.
I don't think SHTF is going to be "one second in time, big bang everything gone ", no , it will be slow and insidious, one thing at a time, one small thing missed by the ordinary sheeple affecting something else which in turn affects something else, sort of cumulative effect.
if you keep watching the news and newspaper,all the alternative media sources we all watch, you will see it coming and can take evasive action, the sheeple wont see it coming, they never will,and they will be the ones caught out.
prepping is about being aware of what is going on, doing a little and often, to increase your chances of survival when it hits.
whatever we do we will be streets ahead of those who don't.
Whilst i would agree with your assessment BP.....Sunna has a point, BALE INs loom large on my radar ...where else can it go ? the thread is about doing something about It...Steve has done something positive ....okay he had funds to achieve it but even better the understanding and foresight to DO IT .....okay i except the fact not everyone can do the same for financial reasons ....but wishing for something and talking about something is not much use,doing something about it ...in any way you can big or small does make a difference ....which is what most of us do anyway...the advantage of total lifestyle change is ....your already in the groove full on when tshtf although there are inherent
dangers that go along with (the real deal )you could concentrate your efforts in other areas....when it comes down to it....there will always be reasons NOT TO change....money , family, comforts,or well it might not happen anyway.......are we to make of this ....lack of commitment ?....NO...lack of a willingness for lifestyle changes ...i suppose yes....i hear people say i have a young family so its impossible.....its not....hard to do but not impossible...people think in terms of loss of lifestyle and comforts ....harder more pain to endure (not a good move on all counts ) fair enough in today,s world....but what of tomorrow,s world WHERE are the jobs coming from...how will you put food on the table ....even if the shit Does NOT hit the fan.....ask yourselves HOW will you SURVIVE in this future Hell anyway....NOW is the time to do something about IT. Change....do you need the new mobile,Sky package,Ipad,the new car,six foot plasma TV,holiday in Spain .....if these things are to hard for you to contemplate your going to be so pissed off eventually ....so get pissed off without delay and save some money ......to by a small holding in west Wales.....maybe.....beat the rush guys n gals.
step grandson..he's only 15...he says he has no future, no chance of a job, maybe he will change his mind like they all do, he wanted to be a IT games programmer at one time, I think that's gone out the window, his parents are typical sheeple, they live for their middle class lifestyle, no time to turn around much less think about the future.
I think we have got as far out as we can for the time being, I have heard some say we have bugged out already because of where we live, I would like to move further out and have a mini smallholding but funds aren't available at the moment. we grow a lot of our own fruit and veg on what is a realatively small plot, we have 7 apple trees! no animals as yet, not sure we would be allowed to on our tenancy, i'm still looking for a small field or woodland but no luck so far.
Actually, finding this Forum was just the boost I needed to up my game. For a start.it was great to find others who were just as concerned as I was (am) about how things are going, and the information I gleaned was certainly a game-changer for me. I now know where I am going, and best of all, I can obtain the information I need. I still wouldn't call what I do exactly "prepping",more life survival than anything else. Yep, it's been a good thing for me, and I am deeply appreciative.