Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Use It Or Lose It!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Like perhaps many here, you rapidly get to the stage in life when, if you don't use it, you lose it! I mean this in more ways than one ie:

- knowledge/memory
- skills
- physically

Did a rare alarm service the other day where I had to stop and think about a certain program, despite being able to do it in my sleep a few years ago. All the research I did concerning some prepping stuff I'm going to have to read all over again cos I never got stuck in and yet I was so eager and clued up back then. Been so involved in one of my motorbikes that my mountain bike has been totally neglected. Went out on it the other day and nearly killed myself yet a year ago, it was a piece of cake.

It's so easy to get distracted over other issues and projects aye? You start forgetting some of the basics.

Lesson learnt, gotta keep up with myself! Rolleyes
On a similar vein but different at the same time I suddenly realised that my HGV 2 category is not on my new driving licence, if you don't keep using it and ensuring its still applicable the DVLA remove it.
All very familiar ....and that,s day to day stuff....i am having to think about stuff a lot more for sure....but it kicks in eventually .
the HGV licence gets removed on the next photo renewal after the post 45 medical has been missed.........I let my HGV lapse for nearly two years and then was offered the use of an HGV horsebox for free, was amazed that all I had to do was take&pass the medical to get another 5 years.