Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Land!!!!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just got home from a fruitless trip to a country house hotel to bid on some land at auction , guide price 15-25k for 1.87 acres of freehold paddock with road frontage in a really nice Cheshire post code , I suspected it would be beyond my meagre means and boy was it....I'd set my limit at 22.5k , had my funds agreed in principle but I thought it would just beat the upper guide price , 27k maybe , it went for 37k +fees making it comfortably over 20k an acre!!!!!!!! I'm shocked and stunned.
Yep, sounds about right, Mo. Land prices are rising at a never-before-seen rate. Agricultural land in this area (East Anglia) is around £10 - £11K per acre at the moment, and that is for larger blocks of land. Pony paddocks and such in nice areas go for much, much more!
If you get planning for a dwelling MO that,s a cheap plot for a developer....there are companies that specialize in getting permission......there are a lot of places being sold all over south and west Wales...not cheap these days....i spect they have popped into to this site....and picked up on the BOL threads.....they are not about for long especially the run down small holdings....but i suspect its country wide.....everyone wants to escape to the country....prepper estates next...lol....even woodland prices have increased big style.